Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot elaborate on reasoning - it's confidential on a need-to-know-basis ...
but it's unless the Canadian C7 Corvette does not recognize the process
for finding how many fobs there are
or you know there is a "lost" key fob ... or any other reason.

I would actually recommend reprogramming key-fobs
to every person who buys a used C7 now
just for piece-of-mind ... the cost is worth it
by knowledge of this gone-in-9-seconds thread alone.

Those are wise words.

Just wanted to show a video of what a relay remote attack looks like in action. There's I think either Audi or BMW which has a program for reprogramming the car and a blank fob on the spot to get one started. That one requires blocking the lock signal from the owner so the car remains unlocked, then simply getting in and plugging into ODB2 to reprogram.

GM's archaic reprogram method requires using the key on the car to initiate a programming sequence and needs the other fobs in the car to do a new one, so that method doesn't work.

Just wanted to show a video of what a relay remote attack looks like in action. There's I think either Audi or BMW which has a program for reprogramming the car and a blank fob on the spot to get one started. That one requires blocking the lock signal from the owner so the car remains unlocked, then simply getting in and plugging into ODB2 to reprogram.

GM's archaic reprogram method requires using the key on the car to initiate a programming sequence and needs the other fobs in the car to do a new one, so that method doesn't work.
I noticed That one of the corvette C7 reprogram sequences had a disclaimer that the sequence will not work for Canadian Corvettes. So I had a GM Dealership wipe all the existing fobs and reprogram for what was there. It cost $149. + fees. I would recommend that everyone who buys a used C7 has this done. Make the cost of it a part of the sale if buying from a GM Corvette Dealership and trust no others.

ddgermann, thanks for both your and the other folks kind words and support. I am very angry and frustrated. I purchased from a dealer although I hate to think it’s true, I believe you are on to something.
Someone had to trade it in?

The OP disappeared faster than the car. Still find it odd.
I haven't read the entire thread. That would make the whole story suspect.
Maybe a "Go Fund ME" fishing expedition?
God, I'm a cynical skeptical b@$tard sometimes.

The OP disappeared faster than the car. Still find it odd.
He replied ages ago. The car was found.

He replied ages ago. The car was found.

That's what I get for not reading the entire thread.
Still cynical, still skeptical, still a ........ ;)

It's all about the quality of the post, not the quantity. Reviving a 3 year old post and admitting you don't knowing WTF is going on is a knob move too...:Reading:
Thanks for jumping onto the "knob" train, Jack where all are welcome.
All-a-board!!!

Friends, I have been a member for a few years now. I purchase a new 2015 black C7 Z06 and 6 months later someone drove into me a the card was written off.

In January 2020 I purchase a used 2016 C7 Z06 / Z07 3LZ with 2600 km..

Today i went for a drive and when I can home I backed it on to my drive way, locked it and went inside to get a drink. Within 9 seconds of walking in the heard the engine and ran out. Saw it barreling down the street. This is the image of the person who took it. Just in case my plate is Bucephls.
I don't know what to say.

I can say this thread is authentic.
First c7 z06 had no happy ending.
The second c7 z06 he got (via me)
ended up resold to BC and has
no happy ending there. I know all
3 owners of 2 C7s involved.
Nothing but sadness.

All I will say to buyers of used C7s I meet is
to have the car fobs wiped and reprogrammed
to the c7 by a GM Corvette dealership. This assures no unknown programmed fobs will work.
There might be fob capturing devices out there but I doubt this is what happened in this case.
It’s Just how I see it.

Maybe not a bad idea to close this thread.
I know the OP no longer owns a corvette
and likely won’t be posting now ✅

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.