Casual User
Aug 29, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06
Province
ON
Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Katech Stage 6 built 2017 Z06 (Automatic), the car has headers and no cats but still has the NPP exhaust. In the spirit of not completely pissing off my neighbours I am wondering if there is a way to make the car start with the baffles closed on the exhaust so the bark isn't so bad.

I had read that if you put the car in touring mode which closes the the baffles (I confirmed they were closed) and shut off the car the baffles would be closed at start up but after a few tries I have noticed the baffles open when car shuts off.

Thanks for any help !

Hi All,

I am a new owner of a Katech Stage 6 built 2017 Z06 (Automatic), the car has headers and no cats but still has the NPP exhaust. In the spirit of not completely pissing off my neighbours I am wondering if there is a way to make the car start with the baffles closed on the exhaust so the bark isn't so bad.

I had read that if you put the car in touring mode which closes the the baffles (I confirmed they were closed) and shut off the car the baffles would be closed at start up but after a few tries I have noticed the baffles open when car shuts off.

Thanks for any help !
On your screen go to settings/Driving Mode/Engine Sound Management. This will give you the range of choices from Auto (sound which follows the mode dial setting), Track, and all the way down to Stealth mode for the exhaust sound. Now the BUT.... Twisting the mode dial when you drive won't change the sound from whatever you picked. Once you get out of the neighbourhood and want the valves open again you will have to repeat the above and reset the sound. Hope that helps.

On your screen go to settings/Driving Mode/Engine Sound Management. This will give you the range of choices from Auto (sound which follows the mode dial setting), Track, and all the way down to Stealth mode for the exhaust sound. Now the BUT.... Twisting the mode dial when you drive won't change the sound from whatever you picked. Once you get out of the neighbourhood and want the valves open again you will have to repeat the above and reset the sound. Hope that helps.
Its the Elmer Fudd rule... be vewy vewy quiet. (LOL)

I did this as well but when you shut off the car the baffles open again as it seems they need 12v power ?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9
Try holding the start button for about 5-7 seconds (without foot on brake :)), this should allow you to bring up the sound management options and from there you can select stealth. Now foot on brake and start car. I have a Mild To Wild switch which auto defaults to Track on startup, so when I want to start in Stealth this is the only option that allows me to do so. Give it a try..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.