Glenn

Casual User
Sep 27, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1982 Corvette
Province
NL
my 82 corvette as squeaking noise up front while driving but not on start up the noise starts around 15 km/h I have checked all belts

my 82 corvette as squeaking noise up front while driving but not on start up the noise starts around 15 km/h I have checked all belts
Hope you find it. My 79, 96 and 03 (lesser extent) had squeaking noises. Not the C7 so far - good luck finding the cause.:Banghead:

Lots of things it could be including alternator, AC pump, idler pulley, fan bearing if it has one, etc. First thing I would try is spraying a strong soapy water solution on the belts while running and then try it. Belts running surfaces will often glaze but still look fine. Drive by someone listening at your 15 kph speed and have them listen for possibly a wheel bearing squeak as well. Hope you find it. Let us know.

I just took the 2013 C6 for a test drive yesterday at Don Wheaton Chev, checking it out for "ncnmra" who is still interested in buying it. It had a terrible squeal from the engine compartment immediately upon start-up and it remained for the entire test drive. They suggested it was an over-tightened belt and agreed it would have to be corrected. There weren't many others issues so it proved to be a good vehicle.

I also noticed "creaking" from the transparent roof panel when going over bumps or sometimes hard cornering. I've had a vehicle with removable t-tops before that would periodically do that but on this C6 it was often enough to be annoying. I took the roof off before the test drive and all the outer "rubber" was intact and in good shape. Will lubrication solve that noise or is this common for the transparent roofs?

Good morning. I previously was the owner of a 79 - C3. I also would have a squeak in the front end and finally determined the cause was low tire pressure Check the simple things. Good luck.

Roof squeak
I just took the 2013 C6 for a test drive yesterday at Don Wheaton Chev, checking it out for "ncnmra" who is still interested in buying it. It had a terrible squeal from the engine compartment immediately upon start-up and it remained for the entire test drive. They suggested it was an over-tightened belt and agreed it would have to be corrected. There weren't many others issues so it proved to be a good vehicle.

I also noticed "creaking" from the transparent roof panel when going over bumps or sometimes hard cornering. I've had a vehicle with removable t-tops before that would periodically do that but on this C6 it was often enough to be annoying. I took the roof off before the test drive and all the outer "rubber" was intact and in good shape. Will lubrication solve that noise or is this common for the transparent roofs?

There are a couple of easy fixes for the C6 creaking targa top. Dielectric grease on the pins and rubbers is what i used on my 09. I have also heard thin rubber tubing slid over the latch pins snugs things up and eliminates the squeak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.