Should be really interesting. I wonder why every single publication states that "the mid-engine Corvette will be more expensive and this will be the last of the front engine rear drive layout". Seriously? GM spends 700 million dollars to expand the Bowling Green plant so that it can make a more expensive car that won't have the production numbers of the current car??? Am I missing something? The only thing that makes sense to me is either the C8 will be the same price as the C7 to keep production going, or they are always going to have a front engine version along with a mid engine. Or, they are going to start making Malibu's at Bowling Green where the C7 was made.

Reactions: ddgermann
Should be really interesting. I wonder why every single publication states that "the mid-engine Corvette will be more expensive and this will be the last of the front engine rear drive layout". Seriously? GM spends 700 million dollars to expand the Bowling Green plant so that it can make a more expensive car that won't have the production numbers of the current car??? Am I missing something? The only thing that makes sense to me is either the C8 will be the same price as the C7 to keep production going, or they are always going to have a front engine version along with a mid engine. Or, they are going to start making Malibu's at Bowling Green where the C7 was made.
There will be many options I think for the C8: the LT1 engine will probably be the least expensive and the 4.2 L bi-turbo more. I even read three different engine configurations - the LT1, I guess will start $20K more than the C7; but, which C7 - the Z51 or the stingray?? I agree though - the C7 will probably be built in tandem for a while. Time will tell?

AC3AEA5C-5AB2-4139-A657-6338DFA15221.jpeg

All I know is that i’m Starting to like that car cover...!
Been seeing it for a year or so now and it’s growing on me.
I want one.
Graham

Hahaha. Maybe it's just GM's version of Xpel. You could follow a semi down a gravel road and not get one chip in the paint! :rofl:

It should be pretty neat when it comes out. Exciting times.

Thanks for your reply JCWP. I didn't mean for my first reply to be so ranty. It was supposed to be more questioning what is going on. What I write isn't meant to be slam or anything, I'm just writing my thoughts, worries and concerns. I just can't see them selling more Corvettes if they cost more money. Of course, they'd open up the market to more people, but at the same time, if they drop the front engine car, they could lose a lot of people as well. The other problem with increasing the price is that it opens up a lot more competition. For example, we won't be able to turn our noses up at how much more a Porsche costs, because the Corvette will cost just as much as one. And, I love Corvettes, but removing that price discrepancy between Porsche and Chev will have a lot of pressure on Corvette to show that it is just as good as a Porsche on every level, outside of the performance numbers, for the price. Could you imagine if tomorrow, Porsche decided to drop it's price of the 911 to the same as a Corvette? I know I'd still but the Corvette but I'd definitely think twice if I was in the market for a Z06 and knew I could buy a new 911 Turbo S for the same price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread