Aug 25, 2011
Kootenays SE British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
1984 Z51
I'm thinking on insuring one of the vettes. First start up of the year blum blum blum blum with smoking pouring out the back as it clears out all the crap. Hose off the dust and drive these old c4 vettes around as people look and either say wow a cool old vette or why does he still drive that old car?

Wow we have quite a mess in Haliburton this morning. Lack of snow and heavy freezing last night have turned our roads into a luge track. I all the years I have been here I cannot recall seeing this much ice covering the roads. I doubt I could get the Corvette more than a foot out of the garage. Walked the beasties this morning and they kept falling down, even with claws they had no traction.

Murray, you will just have to move to Omemee. The sun is shining through the clouds and you really have to look around to see any snow. Yep, the sun shines here even on a cloudy day. Up into the fifties yesterday. Not looking quite so good for tomorrow with snow coming through. I've only blown snow four times this year and looking back, I didn't even have to do that because it all melted away. Did you see where a guy was going out onto Lake Simcoe near Keswick and broke through the ice? With the weather we've had this winter, I wouldn't take a vehicle on ANY lake.

We just had a blast of cold over the weekend with highs of -18 and hitting -27 at night! Yuck. Other than that, it's been one heck of a decent winter. Saturday is calling for +7 with positive temps throughout the rest of the forecasts! I hope it melts pretty good as I need to get my car out for the Draggins show and shine over Easter......which reminds me that I need to get my garage cleared to put the Corvette into it once the show is over.

Hahaha. Well, at least that would help a bit with the heating bill. :D

Hopefully we'll have a good Spring here but I never hold my breath until late April. A couple years ago the winter dragged out so long that it was June before I mowed my lawn for the first time!

Flew through Toronto last night and there is way more snow up-a-long that what we have here. A few bits of ice around the house but otherwise nothing on the ground; absolutely nothing. I am soooo tempted to go out in the garage and take the cover off...

taking the 85 out and to work today. Roads dry no snow anywhere, minus 3 this am but promises of 13 and higher from now untill monday.will advise, see if i remember how to shift....

1st drive and home safe and sound. performance tires sure dont like frost. came out of carwash in Estevan and she spun for almost a block, cound spin in second. fun of course. hit 14C sunny no wind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.