Matt you didn't have to wait very long, you got a few miles on it before winter hit. Good luck this spring. I used a dealer in Mississagua as the Oakville dealer did not have any allocations when I wanted to order. Are you from Toronto or Oakville ?

Hey Midnight, I am from Pickering, east of Toronto, but when I called around last spring to about 20 dealers I was lucky enough to stumble on a just opened allocation. I was ready to buy and bingo, order was in place same day and officially picked up a few days later. I had ordered almost a year earlier in August, 2014 and the that dealer just lied to me when they said they had allocation and they did not.

Second time was a charm and I did get my deposit back from first dealer, so all worked out well in the end.

Cheers !

Matt, wow I guess your wait was longer than I thought, at least your ready to go this spring. I really hope I get mine in April. Is yours a Stingray or Z06 ?

Z06 brother, and it is awesome ! I never get tired of that thundering engine sound when you hit the gas.

Not yet Midnight, I am itching but road sand and salt is still quite heavy where I have it stored, so waiting for a big rain and long range forecast with some higher digits in it. I am guessing early april.

Cheers !

Shouldn't be much longer Matt you will be rolling soon I hope.

I'm using this time to put the finishing touches on my garage so it's ready for my Z51 as soon as I get the call from the dealer.

Your welcome. See you around Oakville!

JJ nice to hear that you picked up your car and got some explanations on the tire thing.

As I mentioned before I was having difficulty obtaining any updates on my build status from the dealer. So I called GM Customer Care gave them my info and they came back on the phone in a couple of minutes and told me that my car has been built and is scheduled to ship this week to the dealer.
I am in shock and

Oops I hit "post" before I was finished. Anyway I am still in shock and pretty excited as I didn't think that I would get my car till the end of April based on what the dealer told me 10 days ago.
What a feeling when it's this close !!!!
I hope that everyone else who is still waiting gets their cars soon. Good luck to all.

Oops I hit "post" before I was finished. Anyway I am still in shock and pretty excited as I didn't think that I would get my car till the end of April based on what the dealer told me 10 days ago.
I hope that everyone else who is still waiting gets their cars soon. Good luck to all.

Congratulations on your surprisingly good news - considering you were expecting the car in late April. You have inspired me and I just left a message with GM customer service and hoping to improve on 3/21.

I always used the GM.ca website to get an update through GM Chat. Just go into chat and ask "May I get an order update please, my order number is xxxxxx". If you gave them your order number they will update you every week or more. This was how I tracked my car from Order Accepted, TPW set, Target Build date, in Production, Built/Complete, Shipped to Yard, Shipped to Dealer, Arrived at Dealer.

It works pretty well and that was the first time I was ever excited enough about a car to want to get regular updates so I was on there every week until build started then I was checking every couple days.

Try it out guys.

I always used the GM.ca website to get an update through GM Chat. Just go into chat and ask "May I get an order update please, my order number is xxxxxx". If you gave them your order number they will update you every week or more. This was how I tracked my car from Order Accepted, TPW set, Target Build date, in Production, Built/Complete, Shipped to Yard, Shipped to Dealer, Arrived at Dealer.

It works pretty well and that was the first time I was ever excited enough about a car to want to get regular updates so I was on there every week until build started then I was checking every couple days.

Try it out guys.
Thanks Matt

Thank you Midnightcruiser. The call is in and I guess I will find out shortly. Nice to see Canadian orders being processed early in the year so the owners' can capitalize on a spring season that is forecasting favourably.
You might want to try what Matt suggested online, I think I am going to have a look also.

Hi Midnightcruiser...Congratulations!!..things should move along quickly from this point forward...just probably not fast enough for you, which is most understandable! As Matt mentioned you can use the live chat function on the GM.ca website. I also used it and they were more than helpful. Soon your car will be in your garage and then the real fun begins! I am off to Dasilva Motorsports next Wednesday to add a splitter, side skirts and mud flaps from ACS. Got some new carpets coming as well.....hmmm..perhaps the engine bay needs a little bling :).

Try it out guys.

Thank you Matt. The chat line makes a lot sense and allows for transparency in the build cycle which translates into great customer service. Maybe GM should consider advertising this capability and apologies if I missed the advertisement.

Hi Midnightcruiser...Congratulations!!..things should move along quickly from this point forward...just probably not fast enough for you, which is most understandable! As Matt mentioned you can use the live chat function on the GM.ca website. I also used it and they were more than helpful. Soon your car will be in your garage and then the real fun begins! I am off to Dasilva Motorsports next Wednesday to add a splitter, side skirts and mud flaps from ACS. Got some new carpets coming as well.....hmmm..perhaps the engine bay needs a little bling :).
Thanks JJ
I was also contemplating the same mod at Dasilva. What is the cost for the splitter, skirts and flaps installed ?

Thanks JJ , got it, I would really like to see how that looks on your vette. I will touch base with you after I take delivery and we could meet somewhere in Oakville for a coffee.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread