Hello VPET. My TPW was this past week and in fact I got my VIN # on Wednesday (March 2nd). As I live in Oakville the delivery routing will be the same as yours. Bowling Green to Windsor by train and Windsor to the GTA (Brampton for me) by car carrier. Based on past experience, the dealership believes the car should arrive by month end (4 weeks after the build day). That would be nice but of course it comes with no guarantees. I will let you know how it actually turns out. All the best with your upcoming build!

Hi Jay Jay, I am also from Oakville and have a 2016 Z51 3LT on order. I ordered mine Oct 23/15. The dealer just told me mid Feb that it moved to status 3000. As of last week it was still 3000. Any idea when I can expect my car, the dealer I ordered from is not very forthcoming with providing details.

Hi Jay Jay, I am also from Oakville and have a 2016 Z51 3LT on order. I ordered mine Oct 23/15. The dealer just told me mid Feb that it moved to status 3000. As of last week it was still 3000. Any idea when I can expect my car, the dealer I ordered from is not very forthcoming with providing details.

Hi Midnightcruiser. Although I am sure that there are variances from car to car, my dates were as follows:
3000 - Accepted by production control - Feb 03/16
3100 - Available to sequence - Feb 11/16
3300 - Scheduled for production - Feb 11/16
3400 - Broadcast - Feb 19/16
TPW - week of Feb 29/16
Produced - Mar 02/16

That should give you a relative order of magnitude relative to overall timing. From 3000 to produced for me was 29 days. Your dealership should be able to supply you with a printout of the GM order Workbench Event History for your order. Mine did. Hope that helps.

My understanding is the cars bound for Southern Ontario and East ( Quebec and Maritime ) are trucked to Windsor where they are off loaded and staged for dealer delivery.

My timeline was:

Ordered Mar 29/2014
TPW of Jun 4th
Was made June 9th
Sat in BG until June 19th
Then sat in Windsor until the 25th
and was delivered to dealer on Jun 26th

It sat in Windsor for a whole week due to a trailer shortage. So that shouldn't happen now, but count on 2 days there.

Cars for out west are trucked to Toledo, then put on the train. There is no train loading in BG unless they added a rail siding in the last year.

Hi Midnightcruiser. Although I am sure that there are variances from car to car, my dates were as follows:
3000 - Accepted by production control - Feb 03/16
3100 - Available to sequence - Feb 11/16
3300 - Scheduled for production - Feb 11/16
3400 - Broadcast - Feb 19/16
TPW - week of Feb 29/16
Produced - Mar 02/16

That should give you a relative order of magnitude relative to overall timing. From 3000 to produced for me was 29 days. Your dealership should be able to supply you with a printout of the GM order Workbench Event History for your order. Mine did. Hope that helps.

Hi Midnightcruiser...As promised, I am happy to say that my dealership called today and advised that my car has arrived. So produced on Mar 02/16 and received by the dealership in Brampton on Mar 08/16....Cheers, JayJay

Reactions: smackYYZ
So my Dealer was in Oakville (Toronto) and here's how my Z06 proceeded:
- Ordered July 3rd - Accepted July7th
- Built Aug 13th
- In Transit Aug 19th
- Picked up on Aug 28th
Awesome experience with a great dealership !

Good luck, Brother !

Matt you didn't have to wait very long, you got a few miles on it before winter hit. Good luck this spring. I used a dealer in Mississagua as the Oakville dealer did not have any allocations when I wanted to order. Are you from Toronto or Oakville ?

Awesome news JayJay and congratulations. Appreciate you sharing your timing experience and it seems like GM has refined their shipping process for Canada! My TPW is 3/21 and my garage is about to go through a sterilization process in anticipation of an April arrival....LOL.

This is garage sterilization....was simply an unheated 2 car garage before the Z. I added Costco floor, 60v amp, heater and paint for about 2.5k at the end of the day.

image.jpeg

You might want to look at that Costco flooring...amazing price, very well constructed, build your own floor design and easy to lay! Here is a better pik. As well, I picked up all the B&D cabinets at Rona at 75% off...I think it was $400 for all of it including two shelves on the left and right sides at the front of the garage... same as the one upper center with the shelf. Assemble yourself of course but worth that discount.

Garage.jpg

The garage looks great AF and $400 for all those cabinets is a steal! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for sales/clearances. It's also nice to know where to get some floor tile.

Hopefully your car comes soon VPET! I could not imagine how tough the wait must be!

AllFlash that is awesome! Yes, will look into the Costco product. Looks like it is time to take a run over to Rona's as well.

Riley, it is amazing how slow time goes when you are waiting for something? It's all good and I am sure it will be well worth the wait. My last vette was a 1981 beauty, I am sure there isn't going to be to much of difference? :canada:

AF your garage looks really good, I like how it matches the car. I just had mine done this past winter, floor is going in in two weeks. Then all I need is my Z51 to top it off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread