VPET

Casual User
Aug 13, 2015
Richmond Hill, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Corvette
Hello all. Ordered my car in late August and looking forward (OK, chomping at the bit) to an early Spring delivery as we apparently have 5 weeks of winter left........ Was hoping to hear about delivery date experiences from owners in the GTA area. I read in this forum that deliveries experienced were in late March or April as January & February are prohibited due to the weather.

I'm supposed to see my car in late March according to my dealer here in London. He told me last year that GM doesn't even build northern cars until late February because of the climate. It will depend on your dealers allotment and which one of those is your car. My dealer got two cars for 2015! Both were pre sold units. One was delivered late March,the other came in June.

There is a freeze put on vehicle production and shipping Nov-Apr but some do slip through the cracks. I know of a few that were delivered last winter, and unexpectedly...one being a Z06 to WN.

There is a freeze put on vehicle production and shipping Nov-Apr but some do slip through the cracks. I know of a few that were delivered last winter, and unexpectedly...one being a Z06 to WN.
I was told that the freeze for production is till end of Feb. Has this changed for 2016?

Thank you for the clarification as I misinterpreted your note as well. If I understand the process, once the order has been scheduled for production (code 3300) it represents a 6 week time-frame for the build and it is then shipped to the dealer?

It is not a six week time frame as so many factors effect build, transportation etc. My original build date was March, but then built May 11 and picked up by me in Quebec City June 5. Transportation alone can add time as there is only a train ride to get a car to Quebec, where it is train and then transport in Detroit to get it to Ontario. Some people have waited weeks longer for loading and reloading of transport. I was at 3300 when my build date was put back due to a manufacturers constraint (Spectra wheels) which caused quite a worry as GM tells you your order must go through as is at that point and changes (I simply wanted to change to basic black) could not be made. There is NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING comparable to the first time you sit in your Vette after that several months of hell! NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Oh and with respect to Spring dates, you will see cars start being built and delivered West to East because of the weather.

Thank you for the clarification as I misinterpreted your note as well. If I understand the process, once the order has been scheduled for production (code 3300) it represents a 6 week time-frame for the build and it is then shipped to the dealer?
My Z51 was ordered October 15 was accepted for production January 23 for production week of March 11, Car was built on March 15th and delivered on April 23. So from time of order to delivery 6 months and 1 week.

Reactions: VPET
Six months seems to be the most common wait time. My Z51 ordered Dec 8, delivered May 26. Arrived as ordered, no constraints including painted roof. GTA dealer as well. Initial expected delivery date was actually late June/early July, however it's believed that GM clustered a great many Stingrays into one production bundle for Canada. Likely will do the same again this year.

Reactions: VPET
I received a call from my dealer and have a TPW of 3/21. Looks like the Canadian orders are starting to be processed. Realistically, can I expect the car in 2-3 weeks after the car has been manufactured?

I received a call from my dealer and have a TPW of 3/21. Looks like the Canadian orders are starting to be processed. Realistically, can I expect the car in 2-3 weeks after the car has been manufactured?

No. You might be more comfortable with a month as it gets shipped by train to Windsor....sits and then gets loaded onto transport from there. Time waiting and clearance admin for a full load at BG and also at the border has to be considered. Mine was built May 11 and arrived in Quebec City on June 3....that was only train and there was no transport involved.

I could be wrong but don't know of any orders making it to GTA or Southern Ontario in 3 weeks.

Hello VPET. My TPW was this past week and in fact I got my VIN # on Wednesday (March 2nd). As I live in Oakville the delivery routing will be the same as yours. Bowling Green to Windsor by train and Windsor to the GTA (Brampton for me) by car carrier. Based on past experience, the dealership believes the car should arrive by month end (4 weeks after the build day). That would be nice but of course it comes with no guarantees. I will let you know how it actually turns out. All the best with your upcoming build!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread