Nov 16, 2017
VetteCoins
As yesterday marked the first day of spring 2023, I couldn't resist going out for a short ride this afternoon. The roads were dry with the driving lanes pretty much clear of the sand and gravel put down by the county over winter. Looking forward to seeing the street sweepers out followed by some rain which for me will mark the start of the 2023 driving season.
PXL_20230321_210035383.jpg
PXL_20230321_210049810.jpg

I will be lucky to get out of my farm driveway by mid April.
There are a lot of modern day conveniences like snow blowers and plows! ;)
Took mine to hockey last Sunday and the dentist Monday. Almost washed it yesterday, but the forecast was for 5 to 10 cm's of snow on Thursday. Since been modified to less than 3, but it will be a rainy / snowy next few days.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I scrape my farmyard almost down to the gravel but still needed to spade out my tires on 2" of packed snow yesterday. It's solid ice under the snow so if you don't park in the proper spot or just spin the wheels once you're done...lol. Looking at the forecast, I won't be hitting the road for another 3 weeks at least....👎🏻😩.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I am in the same situation. I have 1400 feet of gravel driveway and always let the first snowfalls get packed hard so I don't plow off the gravel. With trees both sides of the driveway, the sun doesn't melt it very fast and with this March cold nights and so-so days, that doesn't help either. I have both a plow truck and a skid steer but neither will scrape off that ice. And with PSS rubber, I wouldn't make it to the road and wouldn't take that chance even if I thought I could.

Reactions: Sturmgewehr
There are a lot of modern day conveniences like snow blowers and plows! ;)
Took mine to hockey last Sunday and the dentist Monday. Almost washed it yesterday, but the forecast was for 5 to 10 cm's of snow on Thursday. Since been modified to less than 3, but it will be a rainy / snowy next few days.
You took your snow blower and plow to a hockey game? Zamboni break down or something? :Arghh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.