Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
I have seen in some car washes where the foam from the brush has corroded the concrete floor.
I have spent hours coating my car with protective products in the form of synthetic products, waxes, polishes 3M film plus a windshield film.
Will this foam remove or harm the protective coatings we use on our car?
How does this compare to mild soap and water?

I have seen in some car washes where the foam from the brush has corroded the concrete floor.
I have spent hours coating my car with protective products in the form of synthetic products, waxes, polishes 3M film plus a windshield film.

I use Adams Mega Foam in a foam cannon hooked up to a pressure washer set at about 1100 psi .... I'd never bring the C8 to any kind of car wash

And use an EGO blower with a stubby nozzle to dry it ... and do it quickly to avoid water marks .... havent graduated to using RO water ... never will

If it will eat concrete…..

Yeah, much better off with a hand-wash - at home, or at a hand or wand carwash. Never go to a brush-type car wash - you'll get swirl marks in the paint. Even the touchless car washes are going to be worse than a hand wash - their detergents are a lot more aggressive than what you buy at the local auto supply shop

I'm referring to the DIY foam cannons that is done at home. Not sure the thought behind spraying the entire car with this foam and letting it sit on the car for a period of time.
I use Meguiar's car wash, but never let it sit on the car for a period of time.

I'm referring to the DIY foam cannons that is done at home. Not sure the thought behind spraying the entire car with this foam and letting it sit on the car for a period of time.
I use a Simoniz foam cannon. The "cannon" doesn't come out hard, but just as a foam. I use Mr.Pink which is quite popular with car guys. I then use a microfiber brush to wipe the car with and then rinse it off with a 45 degree spray from the cannon. Works well on a ceramic covered car. No worries at all.

Reactions: HC22
Are you sure it is the soap causing the damage or is it the water ??
I have the self healing plastic film on my car. Just leave it in the sun or pour warm water on it and the scratches disappear.
Not sure about the damage your referring too. I have plastic film on the entire front of the car Plus the windshield.
Curious if the FOAM removes polish/was or any other coatings such as ceramic films.

Heres a pretty good combo ..... I start by rinsing the car completely ... spray with Adams Mega foam ... let it sit for about a minute then rinse it off ... spray again with the mega foam and do a hand wash using 4 wash mits doing a quarter of the car at a time and using a fresh mit for each quarter . The mega foam has all the essential lubricants in it and is ph neutral ... no it wont hurt the finish ... but it is the most expensive foam on the market
Once dry ... I use the wolfgang detail spray .... again IMO the very best you can use ... its home made by by mixing 3 oz of the Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash to 1 gallon of distilled water Use only a plush Korean microfiber for detailing ..... the result is spectacular.... the only thing that would make it better is using RO water but doesnt really apply to me as i dry the car so fast the water doesnt have a chance to dry on its own ;)
And yes I have PPF... and ceramic coating ...it only enhances it

Attachments

• ad.jpg
    ad.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • wg.jpg
    wg.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 0
Heres a pretty good combo ..... I start by rinsing the car completely ... spray with Adams Mega foam ... let it sit for about a minute then rinse it off ... spray again with the mega foam and do a hand wash using 4 wash mits doing a quarter of the car at a time and using a fresh mit for each quarter . The mega foam has all the essential lubricants in it and is ph neutral ... no it wont hurt the finish ... but it is the most expensive foam on the market
Once dry ... I use the wolfgang detail spray .... again IMO the very best you can use ... its home made by by mixing 3 oz of the Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash to 1 gallon of distilled water Use only a plush Korean microfiber for detailing ..... the result is spectacular.... the only thing that would make it better is using RO water but doesnt really apply to me as i dry the car so fast the water doesnt have a chance to dry on its own ;)
1714524557718.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you use the 2 bucket system?
I switched from drying my vette by hand to using a leaf blower, much faster and no streaks.
I followup with a detail spray made for ceramic coating when needed.
Cheers

Do you use the 2 bucket system?
I switched from drying my vette by hand to using a leaf blower, much faster and no streaks.
I followup with a detail spray made for ceramic coating when needed.
Cheers

2 bucket ? Sort of .... I fill one bucket with warm water and a bit of the Adams Mega Foam and put all 4 of my mits in that bucket I take one and do 1/4 of the car then I have the " second " clean empty bucket just to throw the mit I just used into ... I never put that mit into the clean bucket again .... just grab another mit and continue on ... I find doing 1/4 of the car at a time works well for me ... yea yea I know some may think I'm nutz ... but mabe thats because I am ;)

I use the EGO 765 blower to dry the car and that takes litterally less than 10 minutes
If your wondering about the nozzle ... I just got another long nozzle and made what you see there ... I wasnt happy with anything that was on the market

BTW Changing over my wheels today :)

Attachments

• EGO.jpg
    EGO.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread