Jul 12, 2018
Richmond, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 Z51 6 spd
Province
BC
I recently installed splash guards front and rear on my 2005, GM part: 19170234. I got mine on Ebay, but you can get them from GM or any number of suppliers. The set comes with 2 front splash guards, 2 rear splash guards, push pin clips, and alcohol wipes for cleaning the mounting surfaces.

Additional tools needed:
  • Cleaner and towel of your choice for cleaning inside the wheel well.
  • Clip pull tool. I don't have one so I used a tack pull tool. A flat blade screwdriver also works.
  • Drill and 15/16" drill bit.
  • Jack, etc. for jacking the rear of the car and removing rear wheels.

The front is pretty simple, as the splash guards attach to the fender liner clip holes. Turn the wheel to access the inside of the fender, remove the 4x push pin clips, and clean the mounting surface. A clip pull tool or tack lifter really helps with this, but can probably manage with a small flat blade screwdriver.

Yes, my front tires were manufactured on the 12th week of 2011... The rears are 2010, ahh! They still feel good on turn in, seem to work well in the rain, and the rears will hold all of 1st gear from a slow roll when warmed up.

I then cleaned the surface of the car and the splash guard with the supplied alcohol wipes. Loose fit the splash guard with the pins out.

Once you get it positioned, remove the tape guard, and press the edge along the body, then press in the push pins.

The rear requires jacking the car and removing the rear wheels, then drilling mount holes into the fender liner. With the car safely and securely jacked, and wheels removed, clean the inner fender like the front, and then attach the splash guards with tape.

Mark the holes or carefully drill in place. I just carefully drilled in place.

Clean the mounting surfaces with the alcohol wipes, then loose fit the splash guards like the front.

Yes that is a lever torque wrench next to my click torque wrench. I don't have a breaker bar so I used an old lever torque wrench for breaking loose the wheel nuts.

Once positioned, push the pins in all the way, remove the tape backing, and attach to the body.

I guess I left some streaks on the rear fender when cleaning the car last time.

Wow, you can see the orange peel in the paint even from my phone camera. Good ol' GM paint.

That's it!

I have these on my GS but the back ones are pitted from wheel spin - from previous owner. Do they sell just the rear ones .

Attachments

• 957F3978-D2F8-4D70-9F77-F319CBBDA875.jpeg
    957F3978-D2F8-4D70-9F77-F319CBBDA875.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 14
I recently installed splash guards front and rear on my 2005, GM part: 19170234. I got mine on Ebay, but you can get them from GM or any number of suppliers. The set comes with 2 front splash guards, 2 rear splash guards, push pin clips, and alcohol wipes for cleaning the mounting surfaces.

Additional tools needed:
  • Cleaner and towel of your choice for cleaning inside the wheel well.
  • Clip pull tool. I don't have one so I used a tack pull tool. A flat blade screwdriver also works.
  • Drill and 15/16" drill bit.
  • Jack, etc. for jacking the rear of the car and removing rear wheels.
View attachment 28775

The front is pretty simple, as the splash guards attach to the fender liner clip holes. Turn the wheel to access the inside of the fender, remove the 4x push pin clips, and clean the mounting surface. A clip pull tool or tack lifter really helps with this, but can probably manage with a small flat blade screwdriver.
View attachment 28776
Yes, my front tires were manufactured on the 12th week of 2011... The rears are 2010, ahh! They still feel good on turn in, seem to work well in the rain, and the rears will hold all of 1st gear from a slow roll when warmed up.

I then cleaned the surface of the car and the splash guard with the supplied alcohol wipes. Loose fit the splash guard with the pins out.
View attachment 28777

Once you get it positioned, remove the tape guard, and press the edge along the body, then press in the push pins.
View attachment 28778

View attachment 28779

The rear requires jacking the car and removing the rear wheels, then drilling mount holes into the fender liner. With the car safely and securely jacked, and wheels removed, clean the inner fender like the front, and then attach the splash guards with tape.
View attachment 28780

Mark the holes or carefully drill in place. I just carefully drilled in place.
View attachment 28781

Clean the mounting surfaces with the alcohol wipes, then loose fit the splash guards like the front.
View attachment 28782
Yes that is a lever torque wrench next to my click torque wrench. I don't have a breaker bar so I used an old lever torque wrench for breaking loose the wheel nuts.

Once positioned, push the pins in all the way, remove the tape backing, and attach to the body.
View attachment 28783
I guess I left some streaks on the rear fender when cleaning the car last time.

View attachment 28784
Wow, you can see the orange peel in the paint even from my phone camera. Good ol' GM paint.

View attachment 28785

That's it!
Boy that looks great. On my list of to-dos..