Jul 1, 2014
Barrie On Canada
VetteCoins
Car
Thank you to those who have provide positive feedback
Transmission expert believes the problem is the transducer. If I was able to locate a transducer it would be very difficult to replace. Best solution would be to eliminate the transducer. This could be done if a short cable with female connections at each end were available to connect the cable from the transmission directly to the speedometer cable. Does any one know of such a cable and/or where a transducer could be obtained? Thank you in advance [email protected]

I don't believe a coupler exists to join the 2 speedo cables as they are also different sizes. You can get a one piece speedo cable from a car that didn't have cruise control . Or buy a new transducer from places like Napa for around $215.00 . So did you confirm that the transducer is seized ?

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day

I inserted the cable from the speedometer cable from the dash and was not able to turn it.
I do not know if it should be able to turn it? I will try a Robertson screw driver which will let me to assert more pressure.
I just did not know if the transducer should turn without disconnecting transmission cable?
Thank you for the assistance.

like I mentioned before, both cables unhooked from the transducer then the transducer should spin, if not then it is seized. the cable hooked to the tranny should not spin which says that it is ok and the gear is holding it. If the cable spins that is hooked to the tranny then it means the cable is broken/stripped end or the driven gear is stripped.

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Speedometer 78 Vet

Thanks for the info. I was able to un-bolt the transducer. The top connection spins when turning the transmission connection. It is difficult to grasp the end of the transmission cable. The inner cable has a nylon tip on the end. However, it would not turn. As previously discovered the speedometer turns when attached to a drill. I am back thinking the problem may be that the inner cable to the speedometer is missing a nylon tip ?
I need to confirm if that cable should have a tip on the end like the transmission cable?
Thanks for any assistance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread