marty

Casual User
Nov 5, 2016
Grande Prairie, AB
VetteCoins
Car
1998 Z51 coupe
So, I've been looking for quite some time to change up the wheels on my C5.
, 100_0522.JPG
while these look pretty good, silver cars and chrome kinda do, as well as black cars and chrome, I just wanted a change.

searched for quite a while and found I really liked the Cray Brickyard, black with machined face. REALLY liked.
cray-brickyard-black-machined-wheels-03.jpg
hard to find and a bit more than the budget, unless I waited till next year, which was possible.

I came across a set of painted silver c6 wheels with a price I couldn't pass up. they were kinda beat up, they had been plasti dipped so I didn't know how bad they actually were. but got them anyway, silver rims on a silver car? might not be bad.
IMG_0168.jpg

but now my creativity takes over, I should paint them black. Sand them down, shoot them with a can of gloss black, how bad could it be? if it was really bad I could fall back on the original plan and get them powder coated. couldn't be worse than now.
But, creativity....
IMG_0182.jpgIMG_0184.jpgIMG_0185.jpg

after this I gave them all a quick sand, paying close attention to get rid of the tape lines. gave them all three coats of clear gloss. They came out really nice.

I have a set of firestone firehawk indy 500 on the way for these. cant wait to see everything together on the car.

So, I've been looking for quite some time to change up the wheels on my C5.
,View attachment 16230
while these look pretty good, silver cars and chrome kinda do, as well as black cars and chrome, I just wanted a change.

searched for quite a while and found I really liked the Cray Brickyard, black with machined face. REALLY liked.
View attachment 16231
hard to find and a bit more than the budget, unless I waited till next year, which was possible.

I came across a set of painted silver c6 wheels with a price I couldn't pass up. they were kinda beat up, they had been plasti dipped so I didn't know how bad they actually were. but got them anyway, silver rims on a silver car? might not be bad.
View attachment 16232

but now my creativity takes over, I should paint them black. Sand them down, shoot them with a can of gloss black, how bad could it be? if it was really bad I could fall back on the original plan and get them powder coated. couldn't be worse than now.
But, creativity....
View attachment 16233View attachment 16234View attachment 16235

after this I gave them all a quick sand, paying close attention to get rid of the tape lines. gave them all three coats of clear gloss. They came out really nice.

I have a set of firestone firehawk indy 500 on the way for these. cant wait to see everything together on the car.

They look really good.... I like the contrast....

Looks pretty darn good. The wheel spokes really pop out. Here comes the brake dust on black.. seems to stick the best to black. Believe me... I’m very experienced with that.
Enjoy the new look. The car always feels faster with some new bling. :thumbs:

Reactions: marty
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.