Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
Hi all,

Well, since I get dissapointed whenever I check here and there's nothing new, I thought I better post something.

My car was inspected and given the OK to sell Oct 25, 1979....30 years ago yesterday. So I while my wife was shopping I went out to celebrate with the car...(so I made it really quick to go and check on her LOL :D)

It got many repairs done this year, many by me, some by a professional. In fact some time during the summer while pulling to park with the Vette gang, one of my mufflers fell infront everybody on 8th Street...really embarassing! but it was fun. Anyhow, this year the weather was really sucky, but oh well...what can you do. Right now the streets are clean and I have seen a number of Vettes out and today does not seem bad either! so I refuse to put my car away yet and will likely be going for a spin later tonight

Did you guys do any mods or repairs on your Vettes this year?

Attachments

• DSC02239.jpg
    DSC02239.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02256.jpg
    DSC02256.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I've done so many repairs on my '07 this year that when I walk to the service counter to pick up my keys they have them on the counter by the time I reach it! All work done under warranty, I've got my fingers crossed now because my warranty is up in 3 months.

I've got a couple of projects for my vette. Gotta solve the cooling fan not working issue and plan to replace the fuel injectors as I believe a couple of mine are leaking. These are the issues you get with a 25 year old 240,000 km car.
It was a great summer and made lots of progress on its' restoration (complete strip & repaint, numerous interior trim pieces, full carpet set, different tires and wheels, new sound system and on and on and on.
So many projects so little time (and money) ...

I've got a couple of projects for my vette. Gotta solve the cooling fan not working issue and plan to replace the fuel injectors as I believe a couple of mine are leaking. These are the issues you get with a 25 year old 240,000 km car.
It was a great summer and made lots of progress on its' restoration (complete strip & repaint, numerous interior trim pieces, full carpet set, different tires and wheels, new sound system and on and on and on.
So many projects so little time (and money) ...

Wow, sounds like it...

how are you thinking about solving the fan issue?

did nothig to mine except waterpump. spent summer looking for kumho supra tires for front to match the backs but discontinued and no luck. next summer want to get valve seals done as car blows blue at startup. low k car but sat for a while before i bought it. my son turns 16 in feb so he is itching to get a hold of it next summer. wants to put neon lighs under it. lol. said no to that mod.

did nothig to mine except waterpump. spent summer looking for kumho supra tires for front to match the backs but discontinued and no luck. next summer want to get valve seals done as car blows blue at startup. low k car but sat for a while before i bought it. my son turns 16 in feb so he is itching to get a hold of it next summer. wants to put neon lighs under it. lol. said no to that mod.

agreed, no to that mod.

Has anyone checked on Riley? It's been 3 days since he even visited!! There might be a funny smell coming from his house by now!! :D

Are you saying he might be dead? Because he already smells funny :rofl:

Wow, I can totally feel the love. :rofl: I have been out of town visiting some family and don't really like to be on the computerweb when visiting because I don't want them to know how anti-social I really am. And since I am not dead and Mike does not know a good smell when he smells it (by the way, it's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.) I figure I'll get this thread back on track, the only mod that I made to my car this year was adding a column lock bypass so I could drive my car more than 2mph!

By the way, welcome Wayne! I hope your body off of the 64 goes well for you this winter.

Wow, I can totally feel the love. :rofl: I have been out of town visiting some family and don't really like to be on the computerweb when visiting because I don't want them to know how anti-social I really am. And since I am not dead and Mike does not know a good smell when he smells it (by the way, it's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good. They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.) I figure I'll get this thread back on track, the only mod that I made to my car this year was adding a column lock bypass so I could drive my car more than 2mph!

By the way, welcome Wayne! I hope your body off of the 64 goes well for you this winter.

Nice Cologne Mr. Burgundy :D

There are going to be a couple bodies missing tonight. I can't make it and I'm not sure if Mike will make an appearance either.

I'm allowed to miss one, right?...which would make it a good night to go for other people.:rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.