427Carl

Regular
2 You're 10
Jul 21, 2012
Clinton Ontario Canada
VetteCoins
Car
I have just bought a Y2K roadster, and was wondering, if the snow tires would have to be 17 and 18's? or could I run 4 of each? :confused: Does anyone put bags of salt in back for weight?

17's for sure in the front. I'm sure as long as you keep the circumference of the rear tire at least 1/2" larger than the fronts, you could run 17's in the rear as well.

17's for sure in the front. I'm sure as long as you keep the circumference of the rear tire at least 1/2" larger than the fronts, you could run 17's in the rear as well.
Riley I think this guy is screwing with you!!! And buy the way if you read this 427Carl I suggest you go to Krown rust control have them spray it inside and out then fill the trunk up with open bags of salt it works great....:coolgleam:

Riley I think this guy is screwing with you!!! And buy the way if you read this 427Carl I suggest you go to Krown rust control have them spray it inside and out then fill the trunk up with open bags of salt it works great....:coolgleam:

you have no sense of humor lol

I think I will go a little further, and have the trunk done with Rhino liner.. and fill with sand for safety :D

you have no sense of humor lol

I think I will go a little further, and have the trunk done with Rhino liner.. and fill with sand for safety :D
Sense of humor!!!! Coming from a guy who says black rims are for menonites what ever the hell that means, Where i come from thems fighting words...:nono:

Darn :( just found out Corvettes are not AWD :D may have to park in winter:eek: oh well I am retired... just stay in...--------------------------------------------
SORRY about the black rim comments... Same happened with my 2010 2SS/RS on Camaro site.... I ran a tire shop from 1971 to 2006... spent my whole life selling chrome wheels to jazz up customers cars...
Too old, to understand, why anyone would think black was a sick thing..and lowering a car that is already too low (for me) sorry... its just age.....

Darn :( just found out Corvettes are not AWD :D may have to park in winter:eek: oh well I am retired... just stay in...--------------------------------------------
SORRY about the black rim comments... Same happened with my 2010 2SS/RS on Camaro site.... I ran a tire shop from 1971 to 2006... spent my whole life selling chrome wheels to jazz up customers cars...
Too old, to understand, why anyone would think black was a sick thing..and lowering a car that is already too low (for me) sorry... its just age.....

Oh no! You mean you're not a prankster who wants to have a little fun (like many of us.:D)?

Sometimes the younger group don't understand us 'matured' group.

For what it's worth on the black wheels --- I never thought I'd ever like them and to some extent I still don't .......but after some here (one of whom asked to go un-named for now) actually have these -- I find that they're actually growing on me now. Imagine that! A grumpy old SOB like me maybe even liking the blacked out 'murdered' look. What is this world coming to I don't know?

Further, I still have shiny, bright, chromed 'bling' and love them more than any other, so don't expect me to shod mine with anything so drastic in the near future but I just thought I'd say.:D

I think we're all friendly enough to know that any opinions and choices that are made here aren't meant to dis or upset anyone and the worst that is happening is someone getting their leg pulled or being poked in a very light-hearted way.
Use of Emoticons or smilies come in real handy and are really helpful on the internet for conveying feeling or helping to be understood. Not easy on this medium.

I'm sure young and old are mature enough to know choice is an individual's, and differences are expected, needed and make us all unique tho a little ego creeps in occasionally -- after all we're only human.

Pardon the rambling -- it's another cross to bear for us matured folk.:rofl:

C.

Dudes its all good!!!! Just having some fun on the forum to each is own or however that saying goes, I'm just glad that i'm able to own one of these cars period, and screwing around with you guys is pretty fun aswell....:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.