We got a bit of snow overnight as well. Sun is trying to come out this morning. Went out for a walk yesterday and noticed a lot of the creeks and rivers are running fast. More rain for Monday night. At least it isn't snow.

Talking of high water levels, here's a few of our Grand River in Cambridge taken on Friday. The Grand is usually quite docile but with heavy rains and lots of runoff and melt in the Grand River watershed this is the Grand lately:
Margaret and her new Nissan Frontier are pictured too.

Great pictures Colin and a great spot to capture them. Have you ever sat out in the glass overhanging dining room? What a view up the river but there was a little vertigo for the first few minutes till you get the gyros straightened out. It feels like your moving and the water staying still!! The new Frontier look great in blue and a nice choice for a truck.
Margaret looks like she was enjoying the day too, but it still looks a little chilly out there.
Rob

nice photos colin, that water is really moving. i think i recognize that stone building as being featured in a program on haunted buildings in ontario. is that the one ? ya gotta love a gal that likes pick up trucks, hang onto to her bud !!! :D

Great pictures Colin. I really love all of the old stone buildings in the Cambridge/Guelph/Fergus region.

Weather is looking better this week. 17C and mostly sunny today. Sun for Tuesday and Wednesday too. I going out on a limb but I think spring is here. :canada:

Great pictures Colin and a great spot to capture them. Have you ever sat out in the glass overhanging dining room? What a view up the river but there was a little vertigo for the first few minutes till you get the gyros straightened out. It feels like your moving and the water staying still!! The new Frontier look great in blue and a nice choice for a truck.
Margaret looks like she was enjoying the day too, but it still looks a little chilly out there.
Rob
Thanks Rob, Mother Nature did most of the work tho...This river has 'raised a few eyebrows' over the years and is always 'exciting' in the spring months. :D

The Cambridge Mill Restaurant .. quite a place -- Not sat over the water yet tho I'd probably get a little sea sick -- (land-lubber here.:D) .. Beauty restaurant tho and a must visit.

Marg loves the Frontier being a truckin' gal from way back .. She loved the little Fiesta but she's back in a truck and is very happy to be so.... Got to keep the little lady happy .. :D

I must say Nissan has a winner in the Frontier -- really nice vehicle and drives like a car .... I'm amazed that it has some gauges to monitor: Fuel, Water temp, Battery volts, and Oil pressure..... Been a serious lack of gauges in vehicles lately and I was pleased to see this vehicle so well equipped. Made in Kentucky.

Yes chilly -- It was a few degrees above freezing with a little wind on a dull dreary day -- about what you might get end of Feb first of March. At least it didn't snow.. :rolleyes:

.... It did on Saturday:confused:

C.

nice photos colin, that water is really moving. i think i recognize that stone building as being featured in a program on haunted buildings in ontario. is that the one ? ya gotta love a gal that likes pick up trucks, hang onto to her bud !!! :D

TNX Doug -- I've seen it much worse, believe it or not, but this was dramatic enough.....There has been some filming at the Cambridge Mill Restaurant and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was featured in such programs. As you can imagine lots of history there: Originally and mill 150 years ago and a lot of that old building has been preserved ... See link to the restaurant --

Cambridge Mill - Cambridge Ontario Restaurant and Wedding Destination

Marg is a sweetheart for sure -- Not sure what I'd do without her...... Took me 58 years to find her and not about to lose her.......

and now her with a truck and me with a 'vette -- she does have considerably better carrying capacity....:D

Doug and Rob: You may remember this tragedy from 1998 -- very sad event:

C.

Nice pictures Colin. We often walk down to the Grand in the summer. It isn't usually that high though. Drove over that very bridge yesterday and remarked on the water level. I remember the tragic event that the plaque commemorates very well. A sad day for sure. They have done a great job on renovating the Mill. Ate there last year.

Whew! That is some water!!!! We haven't started the rush yet but I imagine if it actually warms up next week, there'll be a little water all over the place!

Great looking truck! Nice pictures Colin!

Thanks everyone -- The river is quite a spectacle lately and is attracting a crowd including news media who remember the floods we've had in the past and generated some amazing (and dangerous) scenes.

When I was on the FD we had many a call down to the river at various spots for rescues, dragging the bottom, and cordoning off areas. In recent years with construction of berms and walls and dredging the 'excitement' has lessoned but it's still quite interesting.

Marg and I live about 3 minutes away (up a long hill :D) from the river so relatively safe but there are many along the shoreline who get a bit nervous every year at this time..

Wayne -- the photos were a bit of a chore due to dull conditions but we got her done just the same. Should have had my tripod with me to allow better lens control:eek:

I'll tell Marg that you guys love her new truck- she's quite proud of it.:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread