Jan 26, 2018
Orford, Qc
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette HTC 2023
Province
QC
Hello All,
When I bought my 2019 Corvette Grand Sport, I got a 6 months free trial for my Sirius radio, OnStar service free for 1 year (and OnStar report every month for all time) and oil change paid by GM for the first 2 years.
Does the C8 get the same package included? Any new package included?
I am on a waiting list at my dealer as number 4 for a 2021 C8 HTC. He should get around 18 allocations for 2021.
Finger crossed to get my new car before May 2021. I heard 2 rumors about Corvette been shipped during winter time (one saying yes and one saying no). Anybody knows for sure?

I have 2020 Corvette. It comes with 3 months of Sirius, and 2 oil changes over 2 years. My understanding is that the Canadian delivery of Corvettes will stop early November and resume in the spring.
Chevrolet Canada is a member of our forum. This question has been asked and answered in the following post link.

Not that you need any more confirmation than Chevrolet Canada itself but I can confirm I will be receiving mine in the winter. Curious to know others' experience with respect to the other OP questions.

Both Sirius and OnStar end after 30 days with the new C8, except for the basic OnStar “vehicle diagnostics, proactive alerts (if available) and dealer maintenance notification”. There’s a direct quote for you. Those are free for 10 years. You have to pay a monthly fee to get OnStar “automatic crash response, roadside assistance and stolen vehicle assistance”. And of course pay to continue Sirius radio.

When I told the “OnStar” person I was about to park the car so wouldn’t pay for those options, she suggested I call in the Spring to “work something out” whatever that means.

The OnStar fees range from a low of $14.99/mo all the way to $44.99/mo (+gst) depending on what you buy.

Gone are the good old days of free Sirius for a year with a new vehicle purchase ( I’m dating myself) then shortened to 6 months and later I got only 3 months on my last new vehicle bought 5 years ago. So maybe 30 days is the new normal unless Corvette owners are singled out.

The 2 free oil changes must be done in 2 years or 24,000 km and although the literature says they have to occur as per the oil life monitoring system, my dealer will do it anytime in the first 2 years and I think that the same for all other dealers, according to what I’ve read on the various Vette forums.

I got OnStar free for one month. After that my app was useless. So bought the basic package for $14.99 but paid for the year because it was a bit cheaper. Think XM is free for a month but wont be renewing it. Already have it in the house and on our daily driver.

Wow, they’re not giving away much are they. I got one year of complementary XM with my off topic vehicle purchased August 2019, MB Sprinter based motorhome. But then, who needs to listen to a radio when experience this awesome new C8.

I only got 3 months of siriusXm. (2LT) And grateful for it. I hate them adding that crap to my radio that I can't remove.
I use it all the time and can’t remember The last time using Regular radio. I travel a lot so it works great for me. I take my Vette down south for the winter ( not this year with Covid ) so I drive it year round. Just got rid of my C6 with 220k on it. My C8 is first in line for my dealer allotment this fall so hopefully have it for spring.

Reactions: Dik
I use it all the time and can’t remember The last time using Regular radio. I travel a lot so it works great for me. I take my Vette down south for the winter ( not this year with Covid ) so I drive it year round. Just got rid of my C6 with 220k on it. My C8 is first in line for my dealer allotment this fall so hopefully have it for spring.
I listen to my own tunes if I want to listen at all. I love the purrrr of the C8 ;)

Reactions: Nt2oldyt
Re sxm.
For those who care where their dough goes (me included), sxm is very easy to "deal" with. I've subscribed for 10yrs now.
Every yr, bill comes. Usually ~$240 +tax per. I call up and give them the best sob story I have......directed to retentions, when I tell them I'd be happy to pay the same as last yr, but not a penny more ($87 +tax). This has worked every yr. Fast / friendly service over the phone too.

Reactions: Dik and Murray20c8
Yeah I only listed to Classic Rewind and Classic vinyl so not worth the money for me when I can put in a USB stick and listen to the music I like all of the time. Not just some of the time. Or off my phone.

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
I got 1 month onstar...gone. 1 month xm ...gone . Called onstar and said car was in storage for 6 months and how about starting over in Apr21..got a yes, no and maybe...and 2 oil changes no time limit.

I have ONSTAR in two vehicles, one winter and one summer.
I call them every year and tell them I am parking the vehicle for the winter and/or summer.
They put my account on hold and start it again the following Spring and /or winter.
So I pay for a year but get two years of driving.
They are good folks.
I have managed to do the same with SIRIUS.

graham

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dik and Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.