Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
This weekend; Sunday August 5/12 is the Simcoe show. From what I understand, this is a long running very good show hosted by the Corvettes of Southern Ontario. There is a registration fee of $15 (spectators free) There is also lots of door prizes and rewards for club choices. Dash plaques and goodie bag for first 200 cars. As a new member of this club, I will be there helping out. Hope to see some of you guys there.

As a bit of a side note on this show........ As a new member of CoSO I was asked to help out finding some door prizes....... So being a bit of a woodworker I built a model truck to donate. The rest of the club members like it so much that instead of a door prize, they have decided to make it part of the 50/50 draw..... so the winner of the 50/50 will have their winnings delivered in the model truck ........ kind of a draw to sell the tickets.

hpim1632opt.jpg

By bdgraham at 2012-07-05

This is the truck.."1929 Ford Model AA Stake"... Built from purple heart, walnut, maple and some roasted maple. The model is a bout 15" long. No stains were used, just the natural colour of the woods used, and a clear coat applied.

Again....hope to see some of you out for the day.

Looks like a great show. I'd love to go but that's about a 3.5 hour drive for us just one way. Great work on the truck Brian! That's quite a talent you have.

Thanks Collin.

Following, I'll post the flyer....... Please note. Location in Simcoe is Lynnwood Park. That is right across from Wellington Park that is stated on the CoSO web site. Also the map on the flyer is positioned wrong..... North is the far left of the image. Rotate it clockwise 90 degrees.. ( I had nothing to do with making this flyer) It will not be hard to find; coming in from the 403 just stay on Hwy#24 and watch for the signs.

Also the web site is not being looked after at this point in time............... I will get into this as my time in the club has been short I don't want to rock the boat too much yet.............

001pck.jpg

By bdgraham at 2012-07-30

I just received an email from one of the CoSO members, it seem that the MOT has just decided that right now would be a good time to tear up Hwy # 24......... so you may want to have a look at another route.

Here is a copy of the mail I got.

John could you notify WBCC and other CCCC members who may be coming to our show this Sunday that the roadwork has started this week between Scotland & Simcoe, perfect timing .... it would be advisable to find an alternate route to get to Simcoe, for instance those coming from London direction on the 401 to take the Hwy 59 exit at Woodstock south to Delhi, Ron Froman came down 24 today and said it was a mess and slow going...

Coming from Hamilton I would get off at the Garden Ave.... and head south to Cocksut road and turn on Hwy #3........

Remember goggle maps are your friend............

I am planning to pick my car up at Manny's tomorrow and plan to head out Sunday morning early. After 3 weeks in the shop, it's time to get some much needed seat time again.
Anyone want to meet up - perhaps at the Timmies on Norwich Ave and the 401 in Woodstock at 7:30???

Terry
I seen your car at the allotment car spa !!!!!!aka Manny's new state of the art shop :)
not only did your car look good but so did the shop !!!!!Cant waite to put some rubber on those new roller of yours Manny lol

If the rain stays away I will go
Maybe Manny could come up to #59 and the two of you take #59 to 3# and I could meet the two of you at #3 since #24 is all sh!t .Just my 2 cents
Let me know
Thanks

Terry
I seen your car at the allotment car spa !!!!!!aka Manny's new state of the art shop :)
not only did your car look good but so did the shop !!!!!Cant waite to put some rubber on those new roller of yours Manny lol

If the rain stays away I will go
Maybe Manny could come up to #59 and the two of you take #59 to 3# and I could meet the two of you at #3 since #24 is all sh!t .Just my 2 cents
Let me know
Thanks

If the weather is good , count me in

Wrong. This is no trailer queen!
I ventured out as the roads were dry and the sky looked decent. Great ride until I reached Simcoe and the roads were still wet from recent rain. Got there about 1/2 hr after opening and was sad to see I was only number 21. Slow start as the weather didn't look very promising with the faint of heart staying home with their rides safely tucked away. Spent the first 45 minutes detailing my car as it picked up lots of road debris. Lots of others arrived approximately 9:30 - 10:00ish and I would guess that total numbers were around 100. Just after 11:00 a light mist started followed by steady rain. Although much needed, it did put a damper on the show with many leaving early and draws and awards presented much earlier than scheduled, just after noon.
Many thanks to the hosting club did a great job of organizing and making everyone who attended feel very welcomed. I left just after 1:00 pm and the sky cleared up making the ride home more enjoyable. Upon arriving home I got to spend another 45 minutes detailing the car again.
Nice to get some seat time again, see some nice rides and meet some new and familiar faces ...

Terry about says it all.
The day did go off as well as it could have considering the weather. Talking with some of the members of the club, they tell me this was the first time in 29 years that they lost out to the rain....not a bad record. Those that did make it out I would like to thank for showing up. Although not the best day for a show and shine, everyone made the best of it.
Like Terry, I did take my car and I am now looking at some serious detailing also, but I like doing that anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.