Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Rolling out an experimental update to show similar threads to folks starting a new thread. The way this works is that when you start a new thread or use the quick thread feature and start typing we will be doing realtime searches for similar threads. Hope is to eliminate duplication of content.

You will have the option to ignore suggestions and keep on typing OR you can navigate to the similar thread we've identified.

Let us know how it works for you. There's a bit of fine tuning to the search index but it's good to go for now.

Rolling out an experimental update to show similar threads to folks starting a new thread. The way this works is that when you start a new thread or use the quick thread feature and start typing we will be doing realtime searches for similar threads. Hope is to eliminate duplication of content.

You will have the option to ignore suggestions and keep on typing OR you can navigate to the similar thread we've identified.

Let us know how it works for you. There's a bit of fine tuning to the search index but it's good to go for now.

Extremely good idea Nik 👍

Great Idea!
Will make it easier to find the information we need in one place (thread)
As the threads get more numerous it is hard to remember if that topic had been addressed prior to your own post.

I like the idea a lot. It will definitely be great whenever a single and long running thread be possible.
Example being the Corvette Owners School for all our New Corvette Buyer/Members. So many
more specific topics would surely benefit from this too.

I had a thought the other day wondering which member would be able to claim
top spot in a "CCF derail counter"?
Ooops ... I think I just added 1 more for me ... :Banghead:

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I like the idea a lot. It will definitely be great whenever a single and long running thread be possible.
Example being the Corvette Owners School for all our New Corvette Buyer/Members. So many
more specific topics would surely benefit from this too.

I had a thought the other day wondering which member would be able to claim
top spot in a "CCF derail counter"?
Ooops ... I think I just added 1 more for me ... :Banghead:

Stay on target.... Stay on topic... :)

laecSip.jpg

Reactions: Rruuff Day