xviper

Casual User
Dec 20, 2014
ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 Z51
Well no more waiting, last night I went into myers in Ottawa and bought a 2014 Premier Edition Z51 Laguna Blue.
I take delivery of it on friday, I don't get to drive it home, its being trucked to a heated storage until spring, part of the deal with Myers.
But at least the wait of ownership is over, I had cancelled my order yesterday also for a 2015, the waiting and wondering if I would get it was to much for me.

Nice!

Well that is good news for you. :coolgleam:

What does the build sheet look like, you know, color, options, etc.? Some pictures would be nice. :seeya:

Dick

PS. Is this your first Corvette?

Well no more waiting, last night I went into myers in Ottawa and bought a 2014 Premier Edition Z51 Laguna Blue.
I take delivery of it on friday, I don't get to drive it home, its being trucked to a heated storage until spring, part of the deal with Myers.
But at least the wait of ownership is over, I had cancelled my order yesterday also for a 2015, the waiting and wondering if I would get it was to much for me.

Congratulations!!!! I am living the 2015 delivery nightmare, but there is light at the end of my long wait tunnel.

What is the Premier Edition?

thxs..
The premier edition is one of 500 built, they are all Laguna Blue, if you get the coup, and lime rock green if you get the conv, fully loaded with the 3lt int, Z51 pkg, the car also comes with 5 piece luggage set witch is part of the premier edition.

Awesome car, congratulations. Given that you wanted a manual, even the upgraded 2015 transmission isn't relevant, so unless you planned on doing surveillance with the data recorder, you are good to go! ;-)

Happy New Year!

xviper-albums-new-corvette-picture1025-img-0139.jpg

well tomorrow is the big day, going to get it, theres no snow in Ottawa, the roads are dry, do I flat bed it to storage from the dealership, or drive it...

If it is dry and no snow I say go for driving it home. Carefully because it is so cold. Snowing heavily just a bit west of you tonight, hopefully it does not hit Ottawa.

You must be very excited. Best of luck.

Iam so happy the ordering nightmare is over, I was looking forward to getting a 2015, but the stress of not getting it in time for spring was to much for me,i feel I made the right decision, and iam happy with the car iam getting.And with this being the 003/500 built of the premier edition and loaded its another bonus.

Laguna Blue is a great color. Don't forget to put a battery tender on the car over the winter and move your car in the garage so you don't flat spot the tires. It will drive you crazy waiting for spring by the way.

My trick to avoid flat spotting is to head down to Rona / Home Depot and buy a piece of 1" hard blue or pink Styrofoam, smallest usually is a 2' x 8' piece. I look for damaged piece and negotiate a discount.
Then I cut 4 pieces about 12" x 12" and use them as pads under the tires. It keeps the tires off the concrete and it gives just enough to form the roundness of the tire impression. To help prevent total crushing the leading edge of the foam I cut 4 pieces of 1" x 2" or 3" or 4" about 12" wide and lay on the edge you'll be driving onto the foam. A set of pads like this can last 5 to 7 years. I've been doing this for the last 19 years.
Others feel pumping the tire pressure to between 40PSI and 50PSI works too.
I prefer my method...............

My trick to avoid flat spotting is to head down to Rona / Home Depot and buy a piece of 1" hard blue or pink Styrofoam, smallest usually is a 2' x 8' piece. I look for damaged piece and negotiate a discount.
Then I cut 4 pieces about 12" x 12" and use them as pads under the tires. It keeps the tires off the concrete and it gives just enough to form the roundness of the tire impression. To help prevent total crushing the leading edge of the foam I cut 4 pieces of 1" x 2" or 3" or 4" about 12" wide and lay on the edge you'll be driving onto the foam. A set of pads like this can last 5 to 7 years. I've been doing this for the last 19 years.
Others feel pumping the tire pressure to between 40PSI and 50PSI works too.
I prefer my method...............

Nothing wrong with your method but putting the car in neutral and pushing it forward a foot every week solves the problem just as well.

Nothing wrong with your method but putting the car in neutral and pushing it forward a foot every week solves the problem just as well.

Wayne is in Winnipeg, no one goes out willing in the winter to push a car, you will be doing it enough times unwillingly.. ;-)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.