circa1

2 You're 10
Apr 17, 2011
brampton
VetteCoins
Car
1992 roadster
considering purchasing car above,BUT it has some issues appears to have blown head gasket(oil leaking onto exhaust manifold), front wheel bearings need to be replaced, tie rod ends, car has only 70,000 kms. the only part that scares me is the head gasket issue, especially with mileage on this car. anybody have any idea how much $$ it would take to get this back into shape, mecanically? Really appreciate input.

Considering what the vet market is today... Unless that car us less than 10grand it's too much. Don't fall in love.. Buy the right car.

For example my old z06 with 55k 15 grand in upgrades is being sold for asking price if 22,800 and it needs nothing.

considering purchasing car above,BUT it has some issues appears to have blown head gasket(oil leaking onto exhaust manifold), front wheel bearings need to be replaced, tie rod ends, car has only 70,000 kms. the only part that scares me is the head gasket issue, especially with mileage on this car. anybody have any idea how much $$ it would take to get this back into shape, mecanically? Really appreciate input.

Sounds like a piece of cake for Manny. Shoot him a pm for some info. (Nasty98)

been able to negotite to about $13.500 + tax but if i had a ballprk amount there might be more movement.

Yeah I know the car you're talking about. It has too many issues besides those you listed. The drivers seat shows too much wear for 70,000kms, so does engine, carfax has a red "x" on one of the odometer readings from the States. Also one "x" for emissions, must have failed. Someone did a terible job filling the left rear quarter, and it needs to be painted. Car must have be repainted at times, it's pealling/cracking allot here and there. curb rash on at least one wheel. Weaterstripping is gone and whole car needs replacing. Windsheild delamination top right. Floorboard was jacked and is completely crushed on drivers side. Engine floods and takes 4-5 turns to fire up, needs new set of fuel injectors. Missing components from engine bay include vacuum hose, etc.....I think I'll stop here it's making me sick just thinking about it.

I can fix the gasket myself but when I added it all up it no longer made sense.

I hope this helps.

Yeah I know the car you're talking about. It has too many issues besides those you listed. The drivers seat shows too much wear for 70,000kms, so does engine, carfax has a red "x" on one of the odometer readings from the States. Also one "x" for emissions, must have failed. Someone did a terible job filling the left rear quarter, and it needs to be painted. Car must have be repainted at times, it's pealling/cracking allot here and there. curb rash on at least one wheel. Weaterstripping is gone and whole car needs replacing. Windsheild delamination top right. Floorboard was jacked and is completely crushed on drivers side. Engine floods and takes 4-5 turns to fire up, needs new set of fuel injectors. Missing components from engine bay include vacuum hose, etc.....I think I'll stop here it's making me sick just thinking about it.

I can fix the gasket myself but when I added it all up it no longer made sense.

I hope this helps.

Understandable. That car sounds like a real loser and I'm sure Circa1 appreciates you being very candid.

Looks like this car sold. It's a pitty, I've seen really nice ones go for between $11,000-15,000 grand on ebay lately that didn't need any work. IMO the project c4 zr1's are not worth more than $8,000-10,000. Anyone restoring a c4 knows what I'm talking about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.