I'm New Here
You're 5
Dec 7, 2016
North Vancouver
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2009 C6 Z51
New to the C6 Forum, Thanks for all the great tips

Has anyone had any experience with Short Throw Shifter on a C6?

Is it a good idea to upgrade?

Which one?

Thanks

Welcome Kevin. My 09 was stock except for exhaust so can't help you there but you're getting advice from two very respectable sources here. Now you need to post some pictures of that nice looking ride. :thumbs:

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum. I have the MGW shifter with lower box in my car and it is a real good upgrade. It will be a little stiffer but you will get use to it quickly, I didnt tell my wife and it took here some time to realise that it was different. You search less for the next speed when shifting up or down. Not a big job to install and MGW have a great tutorial video. you wont regret. Be good, maybe Santa will drop one under the tree

Welcome Kevin! I have a 2005 Z51 with the MGW short throw. Great, tight shifts. I can leave my elbow on the console and just click through the gears. (That could just mean my skin is really loose at the elbow, but I digress...) Slots are tight but once used to it its very easy to know what gear you are in as you shift, very positive feel.
I know everyone, I fell off the face of the earth and took me a bit to crawl back up out of the dungeon!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.