May 3, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2007 LeMans blue Z06
Province
AB
IMG_0442.JPG
Any of you Calgary guys interested in taking a walk through? I live 5 mins from these guys. Looks like they may have gotten some new ones in.

Heard that this was coming ... is it on now? I've already checked out the 22 Corvettes at Carter. The two Dealerships have different strategies this year on Corvettes and I am planning to see what Shaganappi has brought in ... Please PM or post the dates for this event at Shag cause I want to check it out for sure ... Thx :thumbs:

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Heard that this was coming ... is it on now? I've already checked out the 22 Corvettes at Carter. The two Dealerships have different strategies this year on Corvettes and I am planning to see what Shaganappi has brought in ... Please PM or post the dates for this event at Shag cause I want to check it out for sure ... Thx :thumbs:
I'm going there tomorrow morning. I think it might be this and next week. I will post my findings shortly after.

I saw this advert and my heart stopped. To think the typical Z06 is now $122k when I bought mine at $85k base and under $100k loaded. That ZR-1 possibility looks so good when I just may be able to cut even on mine if I sell her Lol.

Bought my last car there, never again

I honestly do respect your comment as you would not have spent time to write it without reason
... and please know that I am not asking ... it's personal for you

I can add an Sales observation of mine with Shag for anyone going there
(I've never bought nor have serviced there because of a very apparent fact)

Shaganappi makes it difficult to shop a vehicle even though those 2016 price reductions in this ad sure make you look.
I really dislike the fact that they do not leave the Factory MSRP Label on the Cars.
Remnants of Factory MSRP Label removal from windshields is everywhere and handwritten prices make a New Car look like its a sleazy Used Car tactic.
It's how I see it.
This forces the Customer to have a Salesperson hold your hand to find out anything more and he "owns" your purchase the minute you get an answer.
Quite frankly I find it insulting that we can't read Price Spec Labels on our own BECAUSE I am definitely not a "spectator sport" for the enjoyment of Mr. Shaganappi Salesman.
Nevertheless ... Shag has awesome GM specimens to check over ...

While I am bitchin' I should also add that I stopped in at GSL on the way to Shag and they had "something really special" in their Showroom covered under a C7R Car Cover.
On top of the cover was a sign saying "Sold to Nice People". How sweet and respectful to the Buyer. I asked the Salesperson if he would pull the cover back so I can see the Corvette.
He would not do it !!! Why the hell would GSL have a car under a cover in the Showroom and refuse to let anybody see it ? No answer.
I am obviously not worthy so he can just Bite Me !!! GSL Service now has very little hope of seeing me as a result.

OK ... 3,2,1 ... I'm breathing again ...

Last edited:
Interesting story Spence. I thought it was illegal to remove those window stickers but perhaps it is a provincial thing. I don't think they can in Ontario, I certainly do not recall a dealer that took them off. However your frustration with their removal is legitimate, so many options, especially on Corvettes, makes it difficult to discover if the vehicle has your interest or not.:banghead:

It is ok to breathe again.:thumbs:

Bought my last car there, never again
I've been treated quite well there myself. I've always been able to talk to the tech doing the work I've had done. I've felt I've been respected and not given the run around. Much better than the service I had from Subaru Calgary after buying an 06 STI as well as an 07 Impreza wagon from them.

I honestly do respect your comment as you would not have spent time to write it without reason
... and please know that I am not asking ... it's personal for you

I can add an Sales observation of mine with Shag for anyone going there
(I've never bought nor have serviced there because of a very apparent fact)

Shaganappi makes it difficult to shop a vehicle even though those 2016 price reductions in this ad sure make you look.
I really dislike the fact that they do not leave the Factory MSRP Label on the Cars.
Remnants of Factory MSRP Label removal from windshields is everywhere and handwritten prices make a New Car look like its a sleazy Used Car tactic.
It's how I see it.
This forces the Customer to have a Salesperson hold your hand to find out anything more and he "owns" your purchase the minute you get an answer.
Quite frankly I find it insulting that we can't read Price Spec Labels on our own BECAUSE I am definitely not a "spectator sport" for the enjoyment of Mr. Shaganappi Salesman.
Nevertheless ... Shag has awesome GM specimens to check over ...

While I am bitchin' I should also add that I stopped in at GSL on the way to Shag and they had "something really special" in their Showroom covered under a C7R Car Cover.
On top of the cover was a sign saying "Sold to Nice People". How sweet and respectful to the Buyer. I asked the Salesperson if he would pull the cover back so I can see the Corvette.
He would not do it !!! Why the hell would GSL have a car under a cover in the Showroom and refuse to let anybody see it ? No answer.
I am obviously not worthy so he can just Bite Me !!! GSL Service now has very little hope of seeing me as a result.

OK ... 3,2,1 ... I'm breathing again ...

Perhaps they covered the car either on the buyers request or of their own mind to keep window shoppers from leaning up against the finish or the sticky fingers of children away from the car... They probably have detailed the car for pick up by the owner and don't want to have to do it again... Personally Spence, I see nothing wrong with that on someone else's car and given the fingerprints on mine when I first saw it, I am sorry my dealer didn't think of it first... lol.... JMO

Reactions: Tinman
I've been treated quite well there myself. I've always been able to talk to the tech doing the work I've had done. I've felt I've been respected and not given the run around. Much better than the service I had from Subaru Calgary after buying an 06 STI as well as an 07 Impreza wagon from them.

I absolutely understand that I have to find an "excellence" in Dealerships that I can embrace. Finding perfection in both sales and service at the same location might be asking too much. I do not tie myself to it and Buy wherever it works best in the moment and Service the same way. Thank God GM keeps Dealerships in tune for Warranty Servicing regardless of where one Buys ... it just might be Dealer thoughts as they do get to know where you bought your vehicle without even asking.
I got to "rant" last night and feel a bit better for it this morning - water under the bridge. Thanks y'all for putting up with it ... "the Sun still shines behind the clouds"

Perhaps they covered the car either on the buyers request or of their own mind to keep window shoppers from leaning up against the finish or the sticky fingers of children away from the car... They probably have detailed the car for pick up by the owner and don't want to have to do it again... Personally Spence, I see nothing wrong with that on someone else's car and given the fingerprints on mine when I first saw it, I am sorry my dealer didn't think of it first... lol.... JMO

Yup ... thought of that ... wish I took a photo but maybe would have be tossed out for that too. They had the darn thing under the cover and roped off with 24" clearance. The Sales Manager should have put the thing somewhere out of the way and outta sight. It does not reflect good with me for them to posture "something very special" that the eyes cannot enjoy. The Buyer will be happy but I hope he takes the cover off when he drives it as I bet it looks sweet !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.