Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
The first three are beautiful IMO. The fourth one, with the door partially open is “interesting.” I wonder if some who chose to show their Corvettes with their doors open might reconsider doing so after this “look.” Guess we will have to go to some car shows in the summer of 2020 to find out.

9CBF3BC7-1C15-4AAE-A8E3-75AED039DBDD.jpeg
E3428028-AA9F-46C1-B799-A80C981B31C4.jpeg
28D7DD04-ED87-4D6A-A6C8-2455205775CD.jpeg
EAD839A2-AD15-4E02-9944-495870E66649.png

The renderings this guy puts out is slowly but surely making a convert of me to the ME format. If the proportions of the car is anything like this I think GM is going to have another top selling sports car that will seriously challenge the Europeans. But I have one question. I can see how GM is dealing with the heat the engine will generate by the louvering around the back window area and I am guessing that some of the heat will exit through what looks like venting above and maybe between the exhaust tips. But what about airflow for a radiator? Will there be ductwork in the frunk (bonnet?) to direct hot air from a front mounted rad up and out from under the car? Or is there another method GM has for this? After the experience GM had with the early Z06s, I would think that they will be more attuned to controlling heat with the early C8s.

You raise two excellent and critical points 12cents, that GM did not handle the cooling issue with the C7 Z06 well (but they did recover in the ZR1 by raising its ambient air design temperature to 100 degrees F from the 86 degrees for the Z06), and second and perhaps more importantly, cooling an ME is more difficult than a FE.

Probably there will be no ductwork in the frunk for the entry ME, but conversely, probably there will be frunk ducting on the Z06+ versions of the car. Two who say they have seen the Z06 version of the C8 (I do not know either personally so can not comment on their veracity), say the Z06 version has two distinct frunk ducts, split in the middle like a Lotus Exige and also as one version of the Cien had years ago — as shown below.

Here is a much early C8 Z06 rendering from fvs showing the potential of a double air duct in its frunk.
991BEFBC-CBD8-4758-A3BC-6C6525262F90.png

B7CCB625-D48F-4E2F-9B42-24C808214E83.jpeg

Last edited:
Zora, it is going to be really interesting to see what GM comes up with. I kind of suspect that it is going to be something different from what we all expect. One of the strengths of the latest generations of Corvettes is their everyday practicality along with the high end horsepower and handling. It would be a real shame to see that tossed aside. It seems like it has always been one of the drawbacks of a great majority of ME sports cars (and especially of the higher end ones) is their lack of practical, everyday storage space. As always, I stay tuned to what you are able to send our way.

If your carrying capacity needs include storage for L O N G road trips, cross that worry off your list. For everyone driving their C8 on the 2024 National Corvette Caravan, including those coming all the way from Prince Rupert, B.C., to Bowling Green, done deal — including for a driver and a passenger.

However of course, it will never be a Suburban nor a pickup truck.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread