Update: I left my Vette with the dealer for a week along with a printout of the advice to use that tech 2 diagnostic tool. They said that is what gave them the code for a bad TCM(transmission control module) in the first place. They tested it again and got the same code. So a 2nd new TCM was installed and 120 miles over several trips driven for testing and no repeat of the problem. I have not had a repeat event either. So the analysis was a bad TCM and a bad 1st replacement. Now I’m a happy Corvette driver! Thanks everyone for your input.

Excellent news Ken. Much better news than we were giving you. Always great to see a problem solved quick and easy.
Plus great info you have given here for others.
Glad you’re rolling happily again 👍

Ken and David, really appreciate the feed back concerning your traction control issues. So many times, and not just on this forum, people raise concerns about an issue, advice is given but there is never a resolution/solution to the problem. So thanks for keeping us up to date on what was done to resolve the issue. :thumbs:

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Yes I did. I've since deleted the image of the codes so can't tell you what they were but I gave them to the dealer but they told me that they'd do the same. Not sure that they did...not sure 'what' they did....

But...

Let me bring you up to speed on what's happened since I made this post, and then bringing it into the dealer to have them 'fix' it.

Long story short, it's still happening and it's a lot worse now.

When I picked up my car, they said it was all fixed. They found a loose wire from the headlight recall service they performed.
OK, I make biker wear for a living...know nothing about cars so it seemed to make sense.

Driving the car home from the dealer....no problems. None.

The very next day and every day since, once I accelerate at a traffic light, and I'm not talking gunning it...just normal acceleration the dash starts beeping and the Service Traction Handling message comes on. Then just as before, once I start accelerating the car jumps from 1st to 2nd gear (I have an automatic) and the 'kick' the car gets can sometimes be pretty strong.

Still the same once I shut the car off. Upon starting the engine the message is gone and the car runs great...then as I gas it even ever so slightly when driving, say to change lanes or pass someone that now ever so predictable beeping sound kicks in and we're back to square one.

Over a month ago I took it in and they told me it was all good, and I get that they may have believed that...but I've been getting the run around from them ever since.

They don't return my calls, even when I get my rep on the phone he still doesn't call me back to get this sorted out. "David I'll call you right back". "David I'll call you tomorrow". "David let me check what I can do and I'll call you right back". ...and more of the same, but....nothing. No returned calls ever. Not one. Not to my home, work...nothing.
Nice huh? Going on over a month now.

So, enough is enough. I'm filing a complaint with the dealership, following that up with GM Head Office and getting my social media team on this to get my story of how this dealership "Wilson Niblett - GM Dealer‎" brushes off their customers.

All they do is rush me off the phone. "OK David I'll check with the Service Manager and get back to you"...but I never get a call back no matter how many times I contact them.

Supposedly the Service Manager is going to call me today to figure this all out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, I get it...even if I take them at face value that they believed they fixed the issue...it's now worse than ever but they're refusing to deal with it, or me. That's what this is about now.

The funniest part is the only reason I took it to this dealership in the first place was for the headlight recall and it was the most convenient dealer for me at that time.

So, there you have it. If they don't contact me today I'm done....The story is much longer and with far more details that I've left out of this already far too long winded post. But if it comes to this, I'll take out a few pages in our local (Richmond Hill, Ontario) magazines and tell my story and overall experience so that others can judge accordingly if they wish to take their vehicle there.

Enough already. This isn't about it not being fixed per say...but how they've been treating me for the last month.

I'll keep you posted. :(

David
Happened to my 06 as well. happened to be brake switch...frustrating when it comes on..... cruise does not work..until it is fixed..good luck

Yes I did. I've since deleted the image of the codes so can't tell you what they were but I gave them to the dealer but they told me that they'd do the same. Not sure that they did...not sure 'what' they did....

But...

Let me bring you up to speed on what's happened since I made this post, and then bringing it into the dealer to have them 'fix' it.

Long story short, it's still happening and it's a lot worse now.

When I picked up my car, they said it was all fixed. They found a loose wire from the headlight recall service they performed.
OK, I make biker wear for a living...know nothing about cars so it seemed to make sense.

Driving the car home from the dealer....no problems. None.

The very next day and every day since, once I accelerate at a traffic light, and I'm not talking gunning it...just normal acceleration the dash starts beeping and the Service Traction Handling message comes on. Then just as before, once I start accelerating the car jumps from 1st to 2nd gear (I have an automatic) and the 'kick' the car gets can sometimes be pretty strong.

Still the same once I shut the car off. Upon starting the engine the message is gone and the car runs great...then as I gas it even ever so slightly when driving, say to change lanes or pass someone that now ever so predictable beeping sound kicks in and we're back to square one.

Over a month ago I took it in and they told me it was all good, and I get that they may have believed that...but I've been getting the run around from them ever since.

They don't return my calls, even when I get my rep on the phone he still doesn't call me back to get this sorted out. "David I'll call you right back". "David I'll call you tomorrow". "David let me check what I can do and I'll call you right back". ...and more of the same, but....nothing. No returned calls ever. Not one. Not to my home, work...nothing.
Nice huh? Going on over a month now.

So, enough is enough. I'm filing a complaint with the dealership, following that up with GM Head Office and getting my social media team on this to get my story of how this dealership "Wilson Niblett - GM Dealer‎" brushes off their customers.

All they do is rush me off the phone. "OK David I'll check with the Service Manager and get back to you"...but I never get a call back no matter how many times I contact them.

Supposedly the Service Manager is going to call me today to figure this all out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, I get it...even if I take them at face value that they believed they fixed the issue...it's now worse than ever but they're refusing to deal with it, or me. That's what this is about now.

The funniest part is the only reason I took it to this dealership in the first place was for the headlight recall and it was the most convenient dealer for me at that time.

So, there you have it. If they don't contact me today I'm done....The story is much longer and with far more details that I've left out of this already far too long winded post. But if it comes to this, I'll take out a few pages in our local (Richmond Hill, Ontario) magazines and tell my story and overall experience so that others can judge accordingly if they wish to take their vehicle there.

Enough already. This isn't about it not being fixed per say...but how they've been treating me for the last month.

I'll keep you posted. :(

David
Mine was doing that. 05 convertible z51 package. Turned out to be the mass airflow sensor. Replaced that with a rebuilt one and it was good for 3/4 Yeats. Starting to act up again on my car. Sp I am planning on replacing it before the snow flies. My code this time was p0101

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.