z06in2017

Casual User
Oct 15, 2014
mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
What's everyone's censes on selling a C7 in this market to a private buyer (get closer to market value, but much harder to find a buyer) vs. dealer (easier and faster transaction but lower amount).

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
What's everyone's censes on selling a C7 in this market to a private buyer (get closer to market value, but much harder to find a buyer) vs. dealer (easier and faster transaction but lower amount).
I just sold my C7 and got 12k more versus the dealer. The current market is hot and lots of buyers out there so I think its worth selling it privately. I accepted an EFT as payment.

Reactions: ccltj
I just sold my C7 and got 12k more versus the dealer. The current market is hot and lots of buyers out there so I think its worth selling it privately. I accepted an EFT as payment.
Yea I just listed and lots of response in just first 1 hour. But mostly dealers and people kicking tires at this point. I have the patience to hold out for weeks if required so will def. see if can get a private buyer.

Good luck with finding the right buyer. I've been pondering putting my '19 Z06 M7 up due to the how high the market has got but I do not look forward to the amount of people looking to lowball, test drive etc that I will have to put up with.

As you know if you are buying something else from a dealer(a.k.a. another car) make sure you account for the sales tax credit for the value of your trade in. In Ontario that's 13%.
So on a $70k trade in that's $9100.00.
I don't like that game, but it is a reality in today's market.

Good luck with finding the right buyer. I've been pondering putting my '19 Z06 M7 up due to the how high the market has got but I do not look forward to the amount of people looking to lowball, test drive etc that I will have to put up with.
I never allowed anyone to test drive. In fact for the couple of people who seemed more serious based on best judgment I gave them a ride along so they can get a feel for the car. The person who actually bought the car never actually drove it until after he sent me the payment

Not much difference than if you sell it yourself plus the hassle of entertaining a supposed to be a buyer with questions that's out of this world. Keep your sanity for a few $$$$. That's if you are really serious of selling. It's not a car it's a CORVETTE. You decide. Take care.

I bought a C7 last year privately out of New Brunswick. I live in Ontario. The seller and I went through his dealer because he was upgrading. All paperw work was completed by the dealer including the money transfers. If the seller is upgrading it is a tax advantage for him as well. I bought it sight unseen and am ecstatic over the purchase. If it is a true Corvette aficionado, the seller will treat you very fairly, since we are are family. Not sure if this helps.

I've bought and sold privately, as well as dealt with dealers.

Privately, ensure you accept cash or draft only, but do it together at the bank unless your familiar with the individual. Anyone that is serious and not a scam will have no problem meeting you at a bank to prove the legitimacy of it. If it cannot work to be together when they pull the funds, have them meet you at your bank so you can verify with your bank, but I would still prefer to be with them seeing it pulled with my own eyes.

Test drives I do not allow, but I would take someone for a drive if they a serious buyer. Again serious buyers will have no issue with that.

Dealer is always the cleanest method, so if you can get the price you want obviously that would be the way to go.

Best of luck

Reactions: Jeffer2013
When i sold my C6 privately, and had a C7 ordered from the dealer. we all sat down together and he did a Pass through sale so that i could get the tax credit on my new car. This was a seamless transaction for me and when my car came in about 6 months later the tax credit was there as if I had a trade in. Saved me thousands.

I sold my 2019 GS Vert 7-spd to a dealer because it was the highest offer, and a clean transaction. No test drives, no stupid questions, just a fair price and a quick transaction.
PM me too unless you are comfortable posting it on the forum. My 2019 GS vert LT3 is an A8 and I may have to sell due to personal circumstances.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.