I've been taking a look at what Costco has available but haven't gotten serious yet. A lot of systems need a power line and a second line back into the house to the base unit from the cameras. Others just need the power feed which makes for a simpler install. One setup is about $800 and looks like it would do everything I need. My old Ithica pump shotgun would work a lot better and would be a permanent cure. The sound of that gun chambering an SSG would definitely get anyone's attention in the middle of the night. ;)

Reactions: LSXtasy
Carickfergus Castle

You would love this castle Wayne. Carrickfergus Castle The main entrance has double doors. If the enemy broached the first. The people of the castle could dump boiling water on the enemy as they tried to broach the second. Not as effective as boiling oil but was cheap and plentiful. Old crocks like Wayne and I know all about these things. Some how, I don't think this is what NPM is looking for. There are companies that will come in and do a proper setup that works, sometimes too well. Friends have one of these systems and the cat was managing to set it off. Cats get into high places when no one is home and break the beams in the process. Lock kitty up when you are away. ;)

Last edited:
We use Pelco cameras for a lot of our installations. Our work can be found in some of our countries more secure locations, keeping tabs on some of society's less desirable persons, if you follow what I am saying.

Reactions: Dik
Amazing what these two barking will keep away...

That said, they aren't guard dogs, but if I had to choose between hurting my dogs and thieves attempting to steal (more on this later) my Vette, take the Vette!

Attachments

• 02.jpeg
    02.jpeg
    264.4 KB · Views: 24
Your buddies look like they mean business. Good looking dogs.

Thanks! They are really just softies, but a huge part of our lives! The GSD/Husky is named Indy, and she can appear aggressive to strangers when she is in full attention and barking at you...scared a couple of "unknown" visitors off the acreage even though she would just lick them once she got close, LOL!

We had Rottweiler's growing up. They kept the house safe for sure and when not guarding the house, they were much better to pet than security cameras. However, I hope with our new place to get some cameras installed so if anything happens, at least there's a better chance of catching the person.

Reactions: NW-99SS
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I don't have cameras yet.....I did look at the ones from COSTCO...
They appear to be an OK complete package.
We still use the old method centered around DELCO The Wonder Poodle!!!
Here is is guarding the '75 and also a shot of him on-the-job this morning!!
'Step away from the dog!' Lol

Graham

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
We had Rottweiler's growing up. They kept the house safe for sure and when not guarding the house, they we much better to pet than security cameras. However, I hope with our new place to get some cameras installed so if anything happens, at least there's a better chance of catching the person.

I'm with you on this. Actually have been thinking about cameras not only for security, but can also position them to spy on the dogs while we are working. Could be purely entertaining, slighly horrific (if they start chewing something of value to bits - luckily, they are past this phase), and lastly a potential way to get home to help them in the case of an emergency.

IR cameras are advantageous especially if you are looking for an outdoor camera. They can produce high resolution color video during the day. At night or under low lux conditions they can switch from color to black and white.The infrared illuminators will turn on thus allowing you to see the video footage clearly even with no light outside. They are usually weatherproofed and can withstand hot and cold temperature. Choosing a good alarm system can be tough, just think over what features you want before you select what kind of camera you need. Here is a blog that you could go through that will help you to decide what features you need to be looking for in a security camera How To Decide Which Residential Security System Is Right For You | a.p.i. Alarm Inc. . I would recommend getting a wireless camera because they are more reliable and have good video quality plus you could access the video footage through your smartphone or tablet. Before you get the wireless camera it is better if you ensure that the camera you purchase has an encrypted connection so that it can keep the hackers away.

Reactions: Dik
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.