pappy

Casual User
Apr 15, 2012
Clarksburg, ON
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2009 Convt.
The other day while driving in sunny Florida my passenger commented that the seat heater was on. The next day my wife was driving, I sat in the passenger seat and sure enough the passenger back rest was getting warm. I tried the seat heater control buttons but they were inoperative, no high low indicators would come on. Have not had a chance to look at fuses or look under the seat for anything obvious. Any suggestions where to start.
Seat heater problem solved.....first of all, heater coming on was false indication, we are in Florida and things get hot. Several months ago I installed a curb alert. Everything worked fine but since it was summer I did not test the seat heater after the install. The connection for the curb alert uses the seat heater fuse for voltage through a special adapter. The adapter makes two ckts. out of one. I did not realize I had to put a second fuse in the adapter and my kit did not come with an extra fuse, so the seat heater ckt. did not have voltage. I plugged in the second fuse and everything works fine. Either the instructions did not mention this or I missed this step. A lesson learned when installing a pre-wired curb alert.......

Last edited: