I've never used Sea Foam spray, but I did put it in my fuel tank and it helped with the dreaded "E" problem in my car. I have yet to hear anything bad about using Sea Foam so if there is a problem using it, I hope someone speaks up!

The c5s are notorious fir inaccurate fuel level readings. With "Empty" being the common indication. Sea Foam helps mitigate this issue.

I stayed away from Methanol blended fuels and the problem went away for me.

There is a very common problem where you are driving with say, 1/3rd of a tank (or any other amount of fuel), the gauge just drops to empty. If you drive long enough, sometimes the gauge comes back, sometimes not. I also have other issues where I will fill the tank and when I start it up, the gauge reads zero or half a tank but then will slowly creep up and reaches full after 5 minutes of driving. As Manny will inform you, the problem is a buildup of sulphur (???) on the rheostat so the resistance reading is either wrong or missing. Sea Foam helped me with both these issues for a while.

There is a very common problem where you are driving with say, 1/3rd of a tank (or any other amount of fuel), the gauge just drops to empty. If you drive long enough, sometimes the gauge comes back, sometimes not. I also have other issues where I will fill the tank and when I start it up, the gauge reads zero or half a tank but then will slowly creep up and reaches full after 5 minutes of driving. As Manny will inform you, the problem is a buildup of sulphur (???) on the rheostat so the resistance reading is either wrong or missing. Sea Foam helped me with both these issues for a while.

Thanks for the education! Sea Form Spray into the carb today - bad stuff out the exhaust... Definately not something you'd want to use in an enclosed space.

VV

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.