XFIRE82

Power User
Oct 24, 2014
VetteCoins
Province
SK
Here's another Corvette that is on bids this week in Saskatoon SGI Salvage. An orange 1981 4 speed car , starting bid $7000.00 ( ouch ! ) , you can click on the damage report which totals $20 K . Way too much to fix on this car my opinion, you can buy a nice driver for far less . We'll see if it sells next week when bids end. Wonder what it hit the way it is smashed ?

Salvage Vehicle and General Sales

That is just plain nasty Michael. It doesn't even look like 20k will fix it. Other than maybe someone parting it out, it will be surprising if they get the reserve in my opinion....

Well they never got a bid on the car so they lowered the starting bid now to $6000.00 I still think they will not get anywhere near that for this wreck.

81 Vet Orange SGI.jpg

Well another week of waiting and as I predicted there were no bids on the '81. So they lowered the starting bid to 3800 now. So will wait till next wednesday morning to see if any takers. Slim chance I think but ya never know who can bite. I would take buckhorn76's deal if I was looking for a car.

Body is bashed in alot of places, the rear wheel is bent back , just look at the gap both top of the pass door , plus the unknown , expensive fix and you end up with that yellow sticker in the door jamb !!! parting it out no profit left. Maybe guy has another car and needs powertrain and interior . Different ways of looking at it I guess.

81 sgi  5.jpg

81 sgi 2.jpg

81 sgi 3.jpg

81 sgi 4.jpg

81 sgi.jpg

81 Vet Orange SGI.jpg

That drivers front wheel appears to be driven way back too Michael... Maybe there was a new 502 crate motor in it they didn't tell us about... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

wow! sgi made out well, more than I was willing to pay, that's for sure

I know that car and I know who owned it. It had some good pieces on it such as the one piece roof and supposedly had expensive suspension parts. However, the owner liked to talk up his cars and exaggerate their value. I would only be buying it for the engine and transmission then be looking to part out the rest.

...from the pics I don't see anything expensive on the suspension. Looks like original shocks all leaked out, stock strut rod , it's not gymkhana suspension. Hard to say on the roof ? SGI probably paid him good . Could buy Doug's car and have lots in the pocket yet.

81 sgi 11.jpg

81 sgi 10.jpg

81 sgi 9.jpg

The guy who owned it, sold it over two years ago. It was probably the nicest C3 in Saskatoon. 355 engine, 10:1 hypertechtic flat top pistons, Edelbrock alum 64cc heads, high performance Rochester carb (jet), newly rebuilt 4 speed & clutch, etc etc. It had steeroids rack & pinion too but it was totalled. Only motor & transmission is any good after accident. LV did a lot of work on this car, and is a very knowledgeable person about cars in general. Our car is appraised @ over $30,000, so as far as exaggerating value, well those years seem to be worth a lot, I guess.
This guy got side swiped on Lorne Ave & pushed over the curb. Sad ending for the car but at least no one was hurt.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.