Wesjames

Casual User
Jan 3, 2019
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2016 Z06
Just wondering if anyone knows what temp you should keep my Z06 stored at so I don’t do damage to the Michelin tires thanks

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3615172183.jpg
    iOS Image - 3615172183.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 18
Kept mine on 2 c7’s in an unheated garage with no issues which in yeg likely got well below zero C at times. The issue with cold temp is driving on them not just sitting. -7c is what min temperture is to avoid when driving....but if you’re worried taken em off-and bring them in........

You are good anywhere above 0. Below 0 storage is ok on or off your car but don't move the car or tires around if loose until they warm up naturally. (don't heat them with anything)
Got a nice new set with cracks and one set on the car. 3rd winter the car is in YEG winter unheated detached garage and all .ok so far. No cracking.
Great tires but a bit fragile for sure.

A greater issue than the temperature is the surface you park/store the vehicle on. Concrete/cement wicks moisture out of rubber when in direct contact. To alleviate this issue put a piece of carpet (or rubber) under each tire and you can also increase the tire pressure to 48psi which is good for tires that sit in the same spot for awhile.

A greater issue than the temperature is the surface you park/store the vehicle on. Concrete/cement wicks moisture out of rubber when in direct contact. To alleviate this issue put a piece of carpet (or rubber) under each tire and you can also increase the tire pressure to 48psi which is good for tires that sit in the same spot for awhile.

Ya pretty sure that’s well covered in many threads although nobody I can remember mentioning the Wicking of moisture out of the rubber. Been a few saying they just park the car on the concrete although most do park on something that gives a bit for shape retention. Overinflating is not something I do as I park on a rubber mat. Lots of debate about overinflated storage but nobody reporting any negative effects one way or the other.

least we now know what you are doing. As long as it works for you.

Reactions: LE BARON
I've got a 98 M3 that doesn't get out much. I have it stored in a garage at my friends house on jack stands with the wheels off and just left the wheels stacked in a corner. Being in Vancouver not too concerned about cold but more for the prevention of flat spotting the tires.

To prevent flat spotting tires that remain on a vehicle in storage fill the tires to maximum pressure (listed on sidewall) or close to it then just rotate wheels/tires 1/4 revolution every month or so (be sure to have carpet or rubber under each tire to keep the concrete from wicking moisture from the rubber). If you store the vehicle on jack stands be sure suspension is loaded not hanging unloaded and no need to remove wheels/tires at that point.

To prevent flat spotting tires that remain on a vehicle in storage fill the tires to maximum pressure (listed on sidewall) or close to it then just rotate wheels/tires 1/4 revolution every month or so (be sure to have carpet or rubber under each tire to keep the concrete from wicking moisture from the rubber). If you store the vehicle on jack stands be sure suspension is loaded not hanging unloaded and no need to remove wheels/tires at that point.

Absolutely should not touch the factory PSS or SC2 Michelin tires if the car is in below 0 storage. (Like many are)
Rolling them will result in cracks.
Above 0... whatever blows your hair back is fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.