I bought a pair of Magnaflow cats for mine and had Manny install them. Price was about the same.

It has never been legal to remove smog equipment in Ontaqrio but in the last 3 years, in our general area, they have started to enforce the law, pulling cars over and doing a visual. EGR, cats, smog pumps where applicable, heat stove and the like have to be there. They are never checked to see if they are working. They just have to be there. A bit of a farce but that is how the game is played. I guess they need some more money coming in. I bit the bullet and went back to stock exhaust manifolds and smog pump on our L78 car. Seat of the pants is a poor dyno but I honestly didn't feel any difference from before to after the switch back to stock. It's just a lot easier on the wallet if you get pulled over. The high flow cats out there today aren't going to hurt performance much if any at all.

I bit the bullet and went back to stock exhaust manifolds and smog pump on our L78 car. Seat of the pants is a poor dyno but I honestly didn't feel any difference from before to after the switch back to stock. It's just a lot easier on the wallet if you get pulled over. The high flow cats out there today aren't going to hurt performance much if any at all.

Hedman makes smog tubes for their headers to enable the smog pump to work as stock.

http://www.hedman.com/Hedman-Smog-Pump-Kits

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.