One other thing to keep in mind is "target fixation". The C7 driver might have focused on you when he realized he was over the line and thus drove into you. Perhaps if he looked towards where he needed to go, he might have been able to avoid hitting you. Look where you have/need to go, not what you are going to hit. This has helped me avoid objects on the road on my while driving my motorcycles or cars. Some Utube videos show a car pulling out in front of another with the other car following the one that pulled out in front, thus colliding with it. If he had looked for a way around the car car pulling out he might not have hit the offender.
Yep target fixation was certainly part of the equation and as we all learned in motorcycle and performance car training target fixation gets even worse when things start to get out of control.

Come on Jack, you know this isn't the same situation. Having a brake failure entering the corner at over 100 mph puts a car out of control and gravity
takes over. In David's situation the driver panicked and didn't do what others have learned at the school and it had nothing to do with a mechanical failure.

Come on Jack, you know this isn't the same situation. Having a break failure entering the corner at over 100 mph puts a car out of control and gravity
takes over. In David's situation the driver panicked and didn't do what others have learned at the school and it had nothing to do with a mechanical failure.

Ok Scott, let's all stand down and put a pin in this. If we don't, some of us will remain antagonistic and some of us will remain pompous and arrogant...

As an olive branch, I have purchased these faith bangles for all involved...

Thanks Mr. Corvette for a first hand review. We just arrived home from a trip to Nashville and 4 laps in our C7-M7 on the track at Bowling Green behind a C8 pace car. The track was wet but we were able to keep up with the pace car. I’m sure with proper training and a dry track we could have done much better. A very exciting and fun day. Maybe Ron Fellows is in the future.

Nice to be one of the few people you have responded to and glad you liked the article. I encourage you to go if you have the opportunity.
Not sure if you have a C8 in your future, but that would be something to look forward to. Unfortunate you had rain for your laps, I hope
they didn't charge you much to go around in the bad weather.

Nice to be one of the few people you have responded to and glad you liked the article. I encourage you to go if you have the opportunity.
Not sure if you have a C8 in your future, but that would be something to look forward to. Unfortunate you had rain for your laps, I hope
they didn't charge you much to go around in the bad weather.
They go wet or dry wIthin reason. It stopped raining while we were waiting so they used large blowers to help dry the track. Still some spray that required the wipers occasionally if I was too close to the pace car. First time tracking, wish I had done it years ago.
Are you going to Bayfield?

Question on the Ron Fellows school… has anyone done the Canadien track near Belleville I believe? It’s a Canadien Tire sponsored track and Ron is connected to it?
CTMP (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park aka Mosport) has HPDE (High Performance Driving Event) almost every day with a club, school or private event. Many of these events offer opportunities for beginners with a driver trainer to accompany and train you in your car. You can see who does this at the track on the CTMP website calendar for the Grand Prix track. I go there with the Speed Therapy group run by JRP see speedtherapy.com. You can also go there with Apex driving school or Trillium BMW school who accepts all makes not just BMW and also have very good training for novices for this track. The Ron Fellows event there is not the same as the Spring Mountain school. It is a corporate event offered to businesses and organizations to get a taste of what it is like to drive around the track a few times.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
Ron is a part owner of Canadian Motorsports Ventures Ltd who purchased Mosport in Bomanville, Ontario in June 2011.
A couple of months later they sold the naming rights to Canadian Tire who used to sponsor other racing series and the
name became Canadian Tire Motorsports Park. The last Corvette C8R factory funded race is there this weekend.

Scott, excellent and detailed write up for the RF training at Spring Mountain. I did the C7 training in 2018 and was happy to be in the middle group at age 72 then. I managed to hit 118 mph at the end of the straight on day two with a M7.
I have often thought of going back for more exposure and pleasure. Anyone can take the course by paying full price and they have advanced driving training options all for a price. Although I was a fairly competent driver having done a lot of rally driving many moons ago, the RF training really helped me better manage the power of the Vette. As I have told many others, everything they teach is applicable to daily driving, spirited or otherwise. Since taking the course I also drive the SUV better.

Scott, excellent and detailed write up for the RF training at Spring Mountain. I did the C7 training in 2018 and was happy to be in the middle group at age 72 then. I managed to hit 118 mph at the end of the straight on day two with a M7.
I have often thought of going back for more exposure and pleasure. Anyone can take the course by paying full price and they have advanced driving training options all for a price. Although I was a fairly competent driver having done a lot of rally driving many moons ago, the RF training really helped me better manage the power of the Vette. As I have told many others, everything they teach is applicable to daily driving, spirited or otherwise. Since taking the course I also drive the SUV better.
Thank you that’s great to hear. The most senior student in our group was 75 and he really enjoyed himself as well. Were you also on the east track when you were there? I believe east is the newest track so maybe not in 2018?
I got an invite to return to the Level 2 school last week but I was thinking of doing the Z06 school next with a buddy of mine that I went with in 2000. Any new Corvettes in your future so you can return?

This is my 2nd Vette and the last - now 77.5! Should have started buying them when I was younger. That said I love the 2019 GS but it is A8, would prefer the M7 I had in the 2017 stingray.

I usually drive in manual mode and love downshifting on approach to stops and roundabouts with exhaust full open. Best smile generator. By the way, quiet roundabouts and on/off ramps are great places to keep up some of the learned RF skills. Some days, I just cruise the 417 on off ramps near my home in Navan. Great fun!

The Z06 training should be amazing but if the bucks are available take the level 2 course ALSO. I regret not doing it despite having the opportunity.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06