day drivers will probably be ok, Paul and I will continue to discuss this up to the cruise beginning
I certainly don’t want “shadow “ cruisers to book hotels and try to tag along without our permission
and yes I was contacted on this last year by someone who wanted in on the cruise or they would just book the hotels since they were public information at the time, I appreciate their interest but frown on their actions and told them so

ye old nanton candy store has been discussed and ruled out for a official stop
I have been there more than once, very very small (unless they have moved)
isles are really narrow and yes you touch bums when trying to get down the isles,
candy is laid out on shelves and with covid not sure how they handle the joe Biden fondling
of the candy before purchase

also I chatted with the business and was less than satisfied based on the needs of 70 visitors at one time,
‘with the interest in a day tripper this could be as high as 84 people
no public restrooms and so on
if some in,our group, me included want to grab a old time snickers so be it but it at this time is not a formal rest stop

Thanks for the suggestion though

I would prefer if folks has some suggestions for travel stops they contact us privately , we don’t want to be debating
any of our journey publicly, it just gets messy

we consult with others when need be on various stop suggestions, make phone calls to locals and other CRUISE SECRETS
‘before inserting them into the tentative route

thanks to all so far and we look forward to a happy, fun filled journey as our waiver suggests

later eh

spell check errors and omissions not accepted

Really impressed with the efforts to put this all together. I know how hard it can be to get four or five together for a cruise. Can only hope the situation works out to reward all for the organization skills and hard work. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Jeff and I are working out how we can have people “come for a day drive”. We have a few months to figure this out and it is surprising to us the interest. This is the first time we have had to discuss this. Logistics is the biggest thing with stops and so on.
Jeff and I had a discussion last night and stay tuned as we think we can make this work because we know there are some that can’t go for the whole week or didn’t get into the group.

my first sentence from above

day drivers will probably be ok, Paul and I will continue to discuss this up to the cruise beginning

no need to feel bad or apologize Spence, no need to remove the post either as it gave context to my comments
any comments are meant to be taken as a general comment not a specific comment directed at anybody in particular

with 20 cars or less we would welcome with gifts day travellers
with 30 we would be cautious towards day travellers
with 40 we go. oops time to see the downside risks involved

With 40 participants and perhaps a dozen or so day trippers we go hold on here boys and girls

my post was meant to show folks how we go through choosing a GROUP STOP for the trip, and with the candy store some products might now be old and not good for the stomach, and other factors
having said that it is still my intention to,stop there (with Spence) and grab some pez or other old time bars to relive my 60’s fantasy

route is chosen and we get some suggestions from time to time which we consider

almost all enthusiasts are most welcome but speaking for me only, I wish to have them pay a entry day fee, sign a waiver,
follow some additional guidelines, be cognizant of possible hiccups for our group ( only a set number of bag lunches and passing everyone to get to the front to take pics, breaking off to go home and taking another 6 cars with you and so on) and impact on the folks already there

we have already taken the time to design a 2 group, 3 group 4 group list to ensure safe, fun and productive travel should the need arise, more later

thanks Spence for formally bringing this to our attention so we can think and then address the questions that arise as we work through the planning and execution (oops) of the travel plans for the cruise

any inquiries, concerns, wishes and so on are just QUESTIONS to me, nothing more nothing less

it’s all good, we know your excitement anticipation and energy far exceeded any desire to impeded the group herd immunity from being told we must stay home

stay safe erevyone, I,have told my INSIGNIFICANT other we must quarantine under the covers NOW, gov’t says so

later eh. 🚙

Last edited:
Reactions: RockyPM
sometime we may post the waiver for the trip, modern wording drafted by a retired person with a sick sense of humour in order to defeat any liability once the engines are started in the morning before the trip commences

The RMCC is open to people that want to travel with us for a day! We know some people haven't travelled as part of a group or can't make the time commitment to go on the entire cruise or didn't get in this year. Jeff and I worked out a plan so these people. or anyone really with a Corvette can come and experience a part of our trip.

Because of the number of cars travelling this year and the stops we have, Jeff and I must plan for parking, and restaurant notification for extra cars and people. We are asking the following:
  • Day trippers are asked PM/email Jeff Wardlow or I know you plan on coming for a day.
  • The day you want to join us, where you will join and where you plan to leave the group.
  • There will be a $20 fee/car and drivers and passengers must sign the cruise waiver.
  • Daytripper's, like everyone are asked to follow our cruise etiquette.
This is the first year we have had to consider how to manage extra cars and we now have a plan. Looking forward to JULY!!

Hi, jeff here.you may want to sit down to read this as it is not good news.
As you may know I am the other half of the trip organizers for the 2021 cruise, at least for now.
Having access to the bank account with Paully it only gets checked once every couple of months, until now. 2 days ago I get a email from the bank asking to call the branch. I find out late Monday there is less than 500 beans left in the account that had just over 20 grand in it.So called the bank and I have a meeting with them Thursday at 4pm. This to discuss the missing money as far as I know we were not closing the account.
For now the cruise is officially on hold. Called the first hotel and they have not received the monies as promised last week. To be blunt I have not heard from Paul or his lovely wife.
Called the local police who were useless until I get copies of the account, everyone's deposit agreement and emails showing a trust relationship for the commercial crime unit to get involved.
Don't know if a divorce is looming, whether the money got lent to relatives, paid off his debts or what the heck happened.
Stay tuned as I might need the agreements for deposits and your phone numbers for the police to contact you to verify the money was in trust.

Please bear with me, if anyone has heard from Paul in the last 4 days call me and email me NOW

The hotels have not been cancelled we just have to pay more,
BUT I cannot cover the deposits as I never had access to them nor the agreements or anything in correspondence.

Don't panic. 2021 will end well, I have contacted a younger lady who will help put on the cruise.

More by this Sunday night please bear with me during this somewhat surprising but difficult turn of events.
If you are in red Deere it is the treasury main branch downtown at 4. I will be at Tim's across the street at 3pm

i will answer all emails, pm’s and phone calls

Later. Respectfully jeff

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
Wow, tough crowd! Too obvious i guess. Jeff had fun doing this and it kinda let me feel like a badass. I may have liked it, a bit.....
Jeff and i have many discussions and something that we have been wrestling with is what happens if one of us can't make the cruise for some reason? the planning is done, the hotels and venues are booked, it has to go. We have asked
Jim Messner
to assist us and be our backup if for some reason Jeff or I cannot make the cruise. Thanks Jim for accepting and those compromising pics are in the mail!
Hope everyone had a good April Fools day and enjoyed the last two days of good weather. We'll be sending out the April RMCC Update edition in the next few days. It will have information on menu options to choose form for Revelstoke supper and Zello instructions for everyone to try out and we can all say hi one evening through our phones. We will also be sending out a participant list to everyone with contact information by email.

May 2021 Update

Spring is here. Maybe. Not sure. I hope!
Some of you have reached out to talk about the current health situation in the country. Things are changing day by day and attempting to forecast what shape our countries health will be in July can’t be done. For those of us who went on last year’s cruise we were in a similar but more naïve position. We did not know whether we could or should go on our yearly drive. An online survey was sent out and based on the response most everyone was excited to go on the cruise and it had seemed to ease somewhat. We had a few people not attend for many different reasons and did what was right for them. Jeff and I are always happy when people follow their hearts and minds and do what’s right for them.

Here we are a year later and still in the worldwide pandemic and to be honest it does look bleaker than it did last year. The BC Government has imposed internal travel restrictions, and this is taking place in other regions of Canada as well. We have thought and discussed this on what we can do right now. The answer is nothing but continue to protect ourselves.
The latest we can cancel our hotel bookings is June 28, 2021. We also assured that all the hotel contracts have included wording, that if public health measures dictate the closure of hotels or stop travel up to our date of arrival, that we are not penalized and lose deposits. Due to our experience in 2017 with the BC wildfires and the poor air quality, this is also included in the contracts as a reason for cancellation with no deposit loss.
Our group booking with the Sutton Hotel in Revelstoke was supposed to have payments made to hold our room block. Our discussions with Corrina, our coordinator have been very open and forthright. She has agreed that we will not make any payment to the hotel at this time. Our continued correspondence has given her and our other hotel coordinators comfort that we are committed and once we are closer to the date, we will pay the required amounts.

Given all the above background is a Segway to saying we are not panicked but watching events unfold. As we get close the end of June, we will have to make the call on whether to proceed with the 2021 cruise or cancel. Jeff and I have medical conditions and understand protecting ourselves and the public. We also know how much this event means to everyone from a mental health point of view. We do not want to have to cancel and are hopeful that the vaccination programs, limited travel at this time, and time itself will put us in a much better position come this summer.

Keep your spirits up, the tank full and see you soon!

Received the official CCF Lanyards today! Awesome look Nik and thank you. Almost ready for the cruise starting Sunday, July 18th!!
DF231239-87CE-4A7F-9FAC-1CDC865BD017.jpeg

Received the official CCF Lanyards today! Awesome look Nik and thank you. Almost ready for the cruise starting Sunday, July 18th!!
Great addition for when cruising that has an ever-lasting benefit for those participating.
As far as I am concerned, a great means for CCF Awareness.
I now use my Meet In The Middle CCF Lanyards that Derek supplied for my C7 key fob.
I obtained extra lanyard for the key fob of our other C7. When around my neck,
it actually gains CCF Awareness at Car Shows, Dealership Service Bays, etc etc etc.
A great addition for this Event - Good Work :thumbs:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread