Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
Does anyone have the rocker panel savers on their car? If I were to lower mine an inch or so, I would like to install some so I was wondering what other people use and if they like them.

Does anyone have the rocker panel savers on their car? If I were to lower mine an inch or so, I would like to install some so I was wondering what other people use and if they like them.

Did you know that I invented my own , and sold them for many years on the other forum ?

I still make them from time to time :D

Hopefully I will be in contact with you sooner than later about this. I know that with other rocker panel protectors that you do not need to use the jacking pucks anymore as they have plates or flanges attached that go over the holes. Is this the same case with the ones you build?

Oh! I'm about to lift the vette with a new jack I got for low profile cars....do we really need those jacking pucks or those rocker panel protectors ??? My jack has a 4-1/2" diameter flat surface...

OOOOHHH !!! Speed bumps !!! I never thought of those....I used to driving a SUV...lol How much do you sell them for and is it easy to install ??

They are $65.00 shipped , and very easy to install .........even a cave man could do it :rofl:

Does yours cover the jacking puck locations so that you can lift right on the frame protectors?

Like these ones?:C6 C5 Corvette Frame Shields 1997-2010 Underguards - Mid America Motorworks

They do , but mine are made from UHMW (ultra high moleclur weight pastic)

RockerSavers007-2.jpg

Unlike powder coated aluminum that will flake at the first contact it has with a speed bump the colour of my product will always be there.Unlike aluminum that does not stand up well to asphalt and concrete, this material will not wear. Easy to install ,about an hour. Includes all stainless steel hardware & step by step installation instructions. Best of all you can still use your jacking pucks.The "ROCKER SAVERS' give you a 3/8" buffer zone between them and your expensive rockers. PRICED PER PAIR @ $65.00 shipped anywhere in N.America.

Fits both C5 or C6 including Z06 .

WILL FIT VETTE'S WITH ACI ROCKERS

Instructions for the ROCKER SAVERS :

ROCKER SAVERS

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS; Tools needed;

13mm socket

5mm Allen key

5/32” drill bit

Phillips bit screw driver or bit

Hammer & punch

1. Locate the factory bolt just behind the rear shipping slot.

2. This bolt holds the rear aluminum shield. Remove this bolt.

3. Take the rail marked “DRIVER”. The largest of the four holes is your rear location hole.

4. Place the rail up to the hole where you removed the 13mm hex head bolt from and insert the supplied new 5mm Allen head bolt. We recommend LOCTITE on all the bolts and screws

5. Tighten until its snug.

6. Line up the rest of the rail, making sure you are not up against the rocker its self.

7. Once you are satisfied with your placement, remove the tape cover from the two way tape at the front edge, and press firmly into place.

8. Using a hammer and punch mark the 3 remaining holes and drill with a 5/32”drill bit.

9. Insert the 3 remaining SS screws and tighten starting from the SS 5mm Allen head through to the last SS Philips head screw.

10. Repeat same procedure on the passenger side.

ROCKER SAVERS BY ENGINEERED CORVETTE PRODUCTS

Thanks for all your support .

Manny Dasilva
Engineered Corvette Products

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.