HLN A55

High RPM Poster
Jan 27, 2009
Sherwood Park
VetteCoins
Car
2001 Z06
Being that we're all inherently proud of our current rides... I thought this would be good for a laugh.

What was the worst or most embarassing or ANTI corvette ride you ever had???

I'll fess up first.... My FIRST ride was a 1985 Renault Alliance!!! DOHHHH

I thought it was the BOMB too!! How terrible was THAT. Oh ya... had a loud muffler, tinted windows too!!! I can't believe how stupid I must have looked putting armour all on the tires LOL

Even if your car isn't up to peoples 'standards'. It's still nice to put some lipstick on the pig.:D

I still drive an 85 S-15 that I love. It was black and rust, and now it is Canadian Forces Green! Hahahaha.

I also had a chevette...what a piece of junk....it was an 84 with almost 300,000kms on it. I think it took about 25 mins to get up to highway speed but hey the girls just loved it......I think....hahaha

you know, come to think of it.....i met my wife in the chevette...at the time i also had my 80 vette...but she never saw that one. so i can say that she likes me for who iam..........:confused:....nah....she was drunk!!!!:D

My first car was a '62 Volkswagon Beetle (got it in '64) and I hated it. But being 18 at the time it was probably an appropriate ride in which to make all the mistakes that rooky drivers make. It stayed in my possession only 4 months but during its short life I managed to abuse it every way imaginable.
Boy was I happy the day I sold that car and bought its replacement: a '58 Chev Impala 2 dr hardtop. Now that was a ride!
:driving:

My first car was a '62 Volkswagon Beetle (got it in '64) and I hated it. But being 18 at the time it was probably an appropriate ride in which to make all the mistakes that rooky drivers make. It stayed in my possession only 4 months but during its short life I managed to abuse it every way imaginable.
Boy was I happy the day I sold that car and bought its replacement: a '58 Chev Impala 2 dr hardtop. Now that was a ride!
:driving:

hmmmm

but dont girls think beetles are cute? so it should have had SOME fringe benefits!!!

I've never owned a vehicle I wouldn't admit too.

At the time, they were the right vehicle for the time at the right price.

From 15 to 17, I had these 3 vehicles
66 Chev Impala
78 Lincoln Town Car (The car I got my drivers license in)
69 Chev Pickup

At 18, I bought
85 Hyundai Pony 1.6 GL (my first new car)

From 21-22 I went through these
83 Pontiac Firebird
84 Chev Citation II
80 Ford Econoline Van

At 23, I bought
90 Chevy Cavalier Z24

At 27, I bought
91 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 (the one with the trunk)

Between 28 - 29 I had
81 Mercury Marquis
91 Ford Aerostar

At 30, I bought my second new car, 97 Camaro Z28 Convertible
At 38, I bought my '03 Dodge Durango

And then at 40, I traded my Camaro away for the '03 Corvette.
And I still have the Durango.

My first car was probably the worst car GM ever sold.
I had a 1973 Vauxhall Firenza. Gm imported these to compete with the Japanese invasion. One of the biggest mistakes they ever made.

I had just got my drivers license in 1976 at the age of 16.
My uncle called me one day and asked if I wanted the car, it only had 23,000 miles on it. He said if I wanted it it was mine for free. The only condition was I had to go and get it from the shoulder of the 401 and Morningside Ave.
He had broken down and had hit his limit with this piece of crap.

I drove it for almost a year. I carried a spare battery and bought a folding bicycle to keep in the trunk just so I could get home when the car would die.

There was some sort of electrical short that no one could find that would fry the alternator or battery or both. ( Not good for dating and watching the submarine races):D
One winter morning I was driving to school, when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd the shifter broke in half in my hand.

I remember Firenza owners rallies to GM in Oshawa to protest these lemons.
Half the cars had to be towed to Oshawa.

looking back now it's laughable, but I was the only 16 year old with his own wheels:canada:

...looking back now it's laughable, but I was the only 16 year old with his own wheels:canada:

That is a funny story. Even funnier is that I am still driving the same truck that I had when I was 16. I'm just going to drive it until it dies....then fix it, and drive it until it dies again. I think it is on it's thirdish life. A couple more resuscitation's and by that time I may find something newer. Haha.

Actually, mine was a pretty kewl little ride (little being the operative term here). It was a brand new 1976 Austin Mini which I quickly Cooperized with parts from the UK. That little car cornered like it was on rails and dorve like a go cart with its 1.275 litre motor!

A picture of my truck after I just finished putting a new body on it. I wish I had pictures of it when it was swiss cheesed from rust as it looks much better now.

Attachments

• IMGP2853.jpg
    IMGP2853.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread