Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
Made some short pork ribs with Jack Daniel's sauce tonight. Out of this world! Here is my recipe for the marinate/sauce:

Jack Daniel's Sauce

Ingredients:

• 1 can tomato paste
  • 1.5 cups Jack Daniel's Bourbon - love this stuff
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp Cajun spices
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
Put this all in the cusinart and let it rip till smooth enough to pour as a thick sauce. You can always add more "stuff" to suit your consistency.

Let you ribs marinate at least over night to get all the flavor in there. As far as cooking is concerned. Cooked over a low heat grill. Get the ribs seared first then lower the temp and if not low enough, move then to the "top bunk" rack to be further away from the flame. It will take at least 3 hours to properly cook them so make sure to turn over every hour and generaously apply more sauce.

After the cooking let stand for at least 5 min before cutting in. Enjoy!

The ribs were a HUGE success with our guests. Fall off the bone and not sweet (just enough). Will definitely hit this one again. I love cooking!

I made Teriyaki Salmon and some light salad with this. Desert were grilled peaches with meringue topping and mint from our garden.

Served a light Shiraz and a Pinot Grigio. All very yummy.

The ribs were a HUGE success with our guests. Fall off the bone and not sweet (just enough). Will definitely hit this one again. I love cooking!

I made Teriyaki Salmon and some light salad with this. Desert were grilled peaches with meringue topping and mint from our garden.

Served a light Shiraz and a Pinot Grigio. All very yummy.

If you like cooking--and especially BBQing, you NEED on of these:

Big Green Egg Canada - The world's best smoker and grill

You can thank me anytime you like if you've never eaten from these--worth every penny and then some. I'm already going to say it------told ya so......

For some reason, salmon an BBQ sauce seems like a combo I wouldn't enjoy. Salmon and teriyaki is another story.

However, I must admit that I prefer the white fish more--sea bass, swrodfish, marlin, mahi-mahi, catfish, etc.

I'm sure fish and veggies would taste awesome on the egg too--smoked salmon--now there's something I can sink my teeth into!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread