This is now implemented. Hurray!

Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
Upvote if you'd like to see a more thorough review system. It would be applicable to corvette themed stores and outlets, maybe help provide an easily accessible review portal for users.

This is now in development.

As this is a fairly sizable undertaking I will pass out the plate for any adhoc donations.

Created a temporary feature sponsorship campaign here:

Sponsors will get early access when a prototype is ready as well as a fancy badge and possibly ability to claim Microsoft as your first business :)

There is no obligation to donate and development will continue irrespective but any help is always appreciated.

I'll advise the group of timelines and initial feature sets shortly.

customer-reviews.png

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
First prototype is partially live now. Open only to power posters for the time being.

Initially you will need to create a listing for the Corvette online, retail or other store you wish to review. You can then add your review, rating etc to it.

We will open this up to parts shops, dealers, service and other bricks and mortar type of businesses.

Eventually this will be expanded to actual items and brands i.e. wheels, parts manufacturers etc....

The review system can be found here: Reviews

Lots more features coming.

I've started putting up some test retail stores just to give an idea of how this will hang together. Currently any tenured user can create a listing i.e. company (say, Nik's Wheel and Rim Paradise), then same user can post a review. Other users will then be able to add reviews to this listing.

I will mark this as implemented and build upon it.

Important note on reviews.

Currently it supports Dealer, Service/Performance Shop and Online Store reviews. I have created a few but by no means a comprehensive list. I would really appreciate the community's help to add additional stores, dealers, shops etc.

The way this works is as follows:
1. Click on the Reviews item in the menu or navigate to this link directly: Reviews
2. Select the category of the business you'd like to review or list
3. If a listing exists, for example Bill Spencer Chevrolet is there already, click on it
4. You can then select the Write Review option and leave your feedback much like other review sites like Google

If the business does not exist you may create the Item yourself.
1. Simply hit Add Dealer, Add Store or Add Shop (within the relevant category).
2. You can then add some basic info - we only ask for the accurate name and if you have it website address and or physical address. Don't worry if it's not accurate or if you don't have it.
3. Save the listing.
4. Return to the category, select the listing you just created and write your first review.
5. Others will then be able to add their own reviews.
6. Businesses can claim ownership if they choose to answer questions directly.

Hope that explains the workflow a little.

Any help is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread