Yep.....get in the Vette and go and most of the grey disappears. Further down the road, at warp 9... you see a cop coming towards you and all the grey comes back. It's a friggen vicious circle man! lol

Bill

hahahaha..... true that Bill. Nothing like red and blues to ruin a sweet corvette moment.... How's the grouchy coming. I actually think mine is starting to fade a bit... at least I don't think I'm getting the look from the staff at work nearly as much... lol.... All in all doing well as a non smoker. Hope you are as well. :thumbs:

Eric

Cigarette grouchy gone Eric, just the older man grouchy left now. I think it's because of the weather and nothing to drive but trucks and Jeeps.
I will not be smoking ever again. It stinks and I don't know why I ever did. Bit of a swelled belly though. My chair...a cousin to yours needs to go!

Bill

Hahaha. I don't understand it! I get a lot of use out of the same type of exercise equipment you do Ruff and don't seem to lose weight. :D

Nice to hear you guys are doing well with your resolutions.

Hahaha. I don't understand it! I get a lot of use out of the same type of exercise equipment you do Ruff and don't seem to lose weight. :D

Nice to hear you guys are doing well with your resolutions.

You gotta be careful buying exercise equipment Riley. Mine has the manual lift which burns off way more calories. Those electric models you may as well just be sitting there doing nothing.... :Smuggrin:

Now ya did it...........thinking of those good old days and now I want a smoke.:Topicclosed:

Bill:depressed:
No way Bill. We got this beat. I have my brain trained now to associate my craving for a smoke with the extra years I'm going to be able to drive my Corvette because I don't smoke anymore..... And as much as we use to like smoking, it doesn't even come close to being able to enjoy our Vettes longer.... :thumbs:

And I thought you quite smoking to spend the extra years with your special lady......and here the motivation is to spend extra time with the Corvette...... Makes sense to me!:D

Bill & Eric...
You guys are at 3 months non-smoking now!!!!!
Good for you....
Have you picked out a reward for this great accomplishment!
You deserve something...

I'm at 37 months.. Tonight I bought some toy parts from the States..
Damn the shipping and exchange.. I deserved it!!!

Keep it going

Graham

I don't care what anyone says quitting smoking is a very difficult thing to do. So many triggers, some sub conscious some not that induce people to light up.

So Eric and Bill you deserve a hardy congratulations for getting this far. You are probably already seeing the benefits. Good for both of you.:thumbs:

Thanks tons guys..... Yup... as noted on Bill's plans for your ride car upgrades thread, I lashed out and ordered ACS splash guards and the Zero 7 rockers. What I've saved in three months paid the bill.... even if it was US $.

Last edited:
Yep, really proud of myself to be honest. My wife and my brothers and also many friends cannot believe I have quit. That damn fridge is my new fight but I'll win that one too. Not going to start rolling out of the Vette.;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.