c5carver

I'm New Here
Oct 18, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 Vert
1999 C5 with 109,000 klms need to put on new brake pads, the rotors have never been turned, but as they are 11 years old ( made in 98) should I replace rotors as well.?

Also are there any recommendation as to who can service, I trust dealers as far as I can throw them.

c5carver
Mississauga, Ontario

Unless you feel pulsing in the pedal or the rotors are thin or gouged or wearing unevenly, I would just leave them. I would not turn them as this removes material reducing their ability to absorb as much heat, reducing their effectiveness.

However, with the calipers off anyways, maybe now is a good time to change them as they are not that expensive. It's up to you.

I would recommend you take a drive to see Manny (Nasty98) at ECP (or maybe just call or pm him as he is on here) . He'll have you fixed up and thinking about mods before you know it!

1999 C5 with 109,000 klms need to put on new brake pads, the rotors have never been turned, but as they are 11 years old ( made in 98) should I replace rotors as well.?

Also are there any recommendation as to who can service, I trust dealers as far as I can throw them.

c5carver
Mississauga, Ontario

I would do a complete brake over haul being that it is 11 years old .

We can do a package for you that includes :

4 new crossed drilled rotors or factory A/C Delco
4 new ceramic pads
Complete brake bleed ( brake fluid attracts water , which breaks it down )
Professional installation
$600.00 HST included

That's a good deal! Important to change the brake fluid too as it's likely as old as the car! Get Manny to install some stainless brake lines as well at the same time like he did on mine, you won't believe the improvement!

Incidentally, a set of brakes on an E55 AMG is as I found out last month... (drum roll please....)

$2200 including rotors, pads, sensors and labour... The rotors alone are over half that.

Damn I wish my vette was winter driveable LOLL

Well, to get to Alberta, Manny would have to make it through Saskatchewan first.:D

That is a very good price Manny. Nice to see you think about the whole picture instead of just the quick bits.

Incidentally, a set of brakes on an E55 AMG is as I found out last month... (drum roll please....)

$2200 including rotors, pads, sensors and labour... The rotors alone are over half that.

Damn I wish my vette was winter driveable LOLL

a guy I know who knows a guy who knows a guy.... actually my wife's girlfriends husband...has a Lambo, was sitting around in his garage for a year or so un-used, sent it to the dealer for a tune up, oil change, and brake job.... rotors, pads, caliper overhaul, etc... bill was $11,000.00!!!! :eek:

some crazy prices out there on reapiring high end cars!!! except for vettes, they're generally surprisingly reasonable to repair....

I could totally go for a car share program! At $400K for the car....I just need.....let's see.....carry the 7....divide by 5.....add 10...399,999 friends to share the car with! Then, if we each get the car for one day, I can drive a Lamborghini once every 1095 years! Let's do it!

I could totally go for a car share program! At $400K for the car....I just need.....let's see.....carry the 7....divide by 5.....add 10...399,999 friends to share the car with! Then, if we each get the car for one day, I can drive a Lamborghini once every 1095 years! Let's do it!

Count me in for 1/400,000 share of that Lambo, my check is in the mail Riley!

No paypal. Their fees are too high.:D I do take cash...or cheque or Canadian Tire money. Sweet off to a good start. 399,998 more people to go!:rofl:

What was the original thread again that we seemed to have totally derailed?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.