Featured Thread
1582468101506.png

Wow... the similarities are amazing! Here's hoping one of the car magazines does a 360 degree photo shoot soon of the two "twins".
The corvette driver in this picture should be smiling about all the extra money he still has in his pocket!

Personally, I think the C8 looks like a lot of the euro exotics... as it was obviously meant to. The closest match IMO is the 2020 McLaren GT....Again, IMO, I think a good percentage of the C8 buyers would have had their euro fix a long time ago if they could have justified $ 200,000 to $ 500,000 on a sports car.

McLaren.png

A mid-engine car looks like a mid-engine car. There's no getting away from it. With the required size of the passenger cabin and engine bay, there's really only one shape that works.

At the end of the day, you can say a similar thing about an FR car. There's just a little bit more a designer can play with, with regards to the height of the nose and tail.

I pulled profile images of 10 randomly selected Mid-engine, rear-drive vehicles that have been produced in relatively modern days. In chronological order:

1989 Ginetta G32
1989 Ginetta G32.JPG

Country of origin: England

1997 Nissan R390 GT1
1997 Nissan R390 GT1.jpg

Country of origin: Japan

2001 Mosler MT900
2001 Mosler MT900.jpg

USA

2004 Chrysler ME Four-Twelve Concept
2004 Chrysler ME Four-Twelve Concept.jpg

USA

2004 Koeniggggsenisseggsegnignigsegigiseg CCR
2004 Koenisgsegg CCR.jpg

Sweden

2005 Gumpert Apollo
2005 Gumpert Apollo.jpg

Germany

2011 Hennessey Venom GT
2011 Hennessey Venom GT.jpg

USA

2013 Alfa Romeo 4C
2013 Alfa Romeo 4C.jpg

Italy

2013 Galpin GTR1 (Based on the Ford GT)
2013 Galpin GTR1.jpg

USA

2015 Ultima-Evolution
2015 Ultima-Evolution.jpg

England

I'll also include the Ferrari and Corvette from the photo for more comparison:

2015 Ferrari 488
Ferrari 488.jpg

Italy

2020 Chevrolet Corvette
2020 Chevrolet 1.jpg

USA

So yeah. As you can see, they're all pretty much the same with slight variations to each one, regardless of what part of the world they came from. (Notice 5 of the above 12 were American). Different curves, length, height, width (which you can't see), overhang... but they all follow the same overall profile.

The 2020 Corvette looks like European supercars because since the 1963 Ferrari Dino and 1966 Lamborghini Muira, that's what they've done. The USA had muscle cars because we had straight roads, which pretty much don't exist in Europe. A mid-engine car handles better but has some serious oversteer if pushed hard. Americans never took to mid-engine cars because they are more difficult to drive. The Corvette has always been the Blue Collar supercar but has always been a little bit slower and less prestigious as its counterparts. Now it can finally compete at the same level or above while still being that Blue Collar supercar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread