Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
Has anyone dealt with this company. They have a switch I was going to order which plugs directly into rear defroster and activates engine compartment lights on demand.

1000006291.jpg
plug and play

Think they make parts to lower C8s and other suspension parts.
What does the switch do differently from whatever else activates the engine LED lights?
You can have the engine lit up while driving?
Yes if you have the factory engine lighting installed on your car, the adapter install allows you to turn the engine lights on/off by just pressing the rear def fog on or off.

Correct it uses the rear defroster button to essentially activate the factory LED's so if you are out at night at a cruise night or whatever driving you can turn them on and off without having to open and close the trunk.
DO we need this not on your life, would we be better off having it - likely not :) but for 100 bucks essentially you can decide if you want them on or off. The reviews I have read cover off concerns like the glass might get too hot since the rear defroster is on now - no issues whatsoever - but others have said just unplug the rear defroster at the glass which is an easy fix. I have never used the rear defroster since I picked up my car.
If i can buy it within Canada even better but if not that's okay too.

Reactions: CTRL_CV
Correct it uses the rear defroster button to essentially activate the factory LED's so if you are out at night at a cruise night or whatever driving you can turn them on and off without having to open and close the trunk.
DO we need this not on your life, would we be better off having it - likely not :) but for 100 bucks essentially you can decide if you want them on or off. The reviews I have read cover off concerns like the glass might get too hot since the rear defroster is on now - no issues whatsoever - but others have said just unplug the rear defroster at the glass which is an easy fix. I have never used the rear defroster since I picked up my car.
If i can buy it within Canada even better but if not that's okay too.
I was just thinking, if you have the camera rear view mirror, you don't even need the rear defroster right? o_O

Unplugging the rear defroster at the window is fine…but what about the heated mirrors?
I believe the mirrors are on a separate circuit are they not? Oh maybe not. So what was a simple plug n play is becoming more complicated by the moment, assuming heating the mirrors in the summer similar to that of the rear defroster is a potential issue.
Thinkin 🤔 lol
1000006338.jpg
1000006336.jpg

I checked in the operators manual and do not see which fuse the heated mirrors are on at all? Any ideas, front or rear fuse panel as well. Maybe one can turn off or disconnect the heated side of mirrors and rear defroster.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.