Thanks for that correction Murray.
No probs.
I'd like to add that this issue pops up now and again as many dealers, especially the big ones in the states, refuse to enter an order in the system until they get an allocation. Too many drop outs so they think their time is better spent elsewhere. None of the reputable Canadian dealers do that. They take your deposit they enter the order and give you your order number. It usually means nothing, but if you are expecting a 22 and they cutoff orders after a certain date one could find themselves SOL. I always like to make sure I tell people to get an order number. If not for that reason, but also it gives comfort that the dealer is somewhat honest.

Reactions: DavidWG
No probs.
I'd like to add that this issue pops up now and again as many dealers, especially the big ones in the states, refuse to enter an order in the system until they get an allocation. Too many drop outs so they think their time is better spent elsewhere. None of the reputable Canadian dealers do that. They take your deposit they enter the order and give you your order number. It usually means nothing, but if you are expecting a 22 and they cutoff orders after a certain date one could find themselves SOL. I always like to make sure I tell people to get an order number. If not for that reason, but also it gives comfort that the dealer is somewhat honest.
Well...not exactly true with the big dealers up here either Murray. Andrew Spencer hasn't entered my order yet (curently #36), and said they won't until the allocation comes in. He was very transparent about that back in April with me. He certainly could, but he explained the reasons why they don't and I was happy with that answer (he said if I was insistent upon getting a status 1100 right away, he would oblige). I have no reason to be concerned as Bill Spencer has a great reputation and they have kept me informed of my status at regular intervals.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
Well...not exactly true with the big dealers up here either Murray. Andrew Spencer hasn't entered my order yet (curently #36), and said they won't until the allocation comes in. He was very transparent about that back in April with me. He certainly could, but he explained the reasons why they don't and I was happy with that answer (he said if I was insistent upon getting a status 1100 right away, he would oblige). I have no reason to be concerned as Bill Spencer has a great reputation and they have kept me informed of my status at regular intervals.
Please tell me his reasoning. Nothing against Spencer's as they seem very honest, but I can't think of any good reasons that aren't self serving.

Please tell me his reasoning. Nothing against Spencer's as they seem very honest, but I can't think of any good reasons that aren't self serving.
He told me once your order is the GM Workbench , it's technically a "placed" order. (Yes, it's only status 1100, so, it's not going anywhere), but he told me, many customers waiting for their allocation will change their minds hundreds of times on options, trim, and colors. Each time you change your mind, a salesperson has to go into workbench and make those changes.
Yes, Murray, that is somewhat "self serving", but I get that and he was open and honest about the reasoning. I didn't have a problem with it, and I too have changed my mind several times over the last few months. (Went from a 1LT coupe in Rapid Blue to now, a 2LT Z51 in Torch Red. 😂).
Like I said, Andrew did say he would enter the order right away if I really wanted, but experience has told them it was best to wait until we got a few weeks back from my allocation. They're a smaller (staff wise) dealership, and they fully cater to their Corvette clientele, however, as we always said in the military, "work smarter, not harder".
Regardless, I'm not concerned at all, and each month Andrew has emailed me an updated status on my place in line.

He told me once your order is the GM Workbench , it's technically a "placed" order. (Yes, it's only status 1100, so, it's not going anywhere), but he told me, many customers waiting for their allocation will change their minds hundreds of times on options, trim, and colors. Each time you change your mind, a salesperson has to go into workbench and make those changes.
Yes, Murray, that is somewhat "self serving", but I get that and he was open and honest about the reasoning. I didn't have a problem with it, and I too have changed my mind several times over the last few months. (Went from a 1LT coupe in Rapid Blue to now, a 2LT Z51 in Torch Red. 😂).
Like I said, Andrew did say he would enter the order right away if I really wanted, but experience has told them it was best to wait until we got a few weeks back from my allocation. They're a smaller (staff wise) dealership, and they fully cater to their Corvette clientele, however, as we always said in the military, "work smarter, not harder".
Regardless, I'm not concerned at all, and each month Andrew has emailed me an updated status on my place in line.
I've heard that reasoning many times. The thing is he doesn't have to make any changes until the allocation comes. That is when he says to you. "Are you sure of this now? No going back once I mate the order with the allocation". That is what I did. I didn't make any changes until I had to and then it was set.

Reactions: pozi240
Try Kelowna Chevrolet, I lucked out there and it’s only a 4 hour drive if they have one or getting one in.
Ask to speak to Trevor or Joel
At one point, the Kelowna dear was offering a new C8 with a $40K, yes, you read correctly, a forty thousand dollar up charge. A few weeks later, two of their employees were arrested for racing a C8 on city streets. I went to Vernon, to Bannisters to purchase my C8 at MSRP and no funny business. Happy Motoring!

Kelowna started out with no upcharge, then $10K. now $40K - WOW!!! I bought from Wheaton in Victoria October 2021: fully loaded 2022 C8 Z51 HTC - MSRP $120K includes $2K destination charge + $30K premium. I was just happy to get one as my dealer said I might not get a 2022 - maybe 2023? I got the run around Carters N.V. Auto Mall. I was on list early 2021. made the error of not going on more lists. In any case, I am very happy with my car - no regrets - one of the first 2022 in B.C. probably? Carters won't put me on list for E-Ray based on previous list for C8 - so, won't be buying from them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.