This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Re-attaching Front Cowl

Prab

Casual User
Mar 15, 2018
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1971 Corvette
Province
AB
I took my 71 corvette to a restoration company to get some work done because it needed some MAJOR TLC. They took off the front cowl, front fenders, and everything.

They are in the process of attaching the front cowl, front fenders back to the main car body but I just received an invoice of $600 for panel bonding glue.

This cost is only for the glue which is a separate cost from shop supplies and labor. I have never heard of glue costing that much. I googled, and what I found is that people often use 3M 8115 for panel glue and the cost for that is nowhere near $600.

Is this company ripping me off, or is there a special type of glue that must be used for corvettes and that glue really is $600?

Hey Prab. Wish I could help you with your query but I'm not (I hope) doing a body off resto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the pics, it looks like you're missing a body mount at #1. Are they changing the mounts at the same time?

Hey Prab. Wish I could help you with your query but I'm not (I hope) doing a body off resto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the pics, it looks like you're missing a body mount at #1. Are they changing the mounts at the same time?
Hi Scott, they haven't told me anything regarding a missing body mount so I'm not entirely sure but thanks for bringing that up. I completely missed it.

Glad to be of help. Wasn't sure if the #5 mount is aluminum or, like my car, a hockey puck. Might want to check the rest of them. I have three pucks and five rotten ones. New body mounts all around for me.

Reactions: Prab

Users who are viewing this thread