Casual User
Mar 15, 2018
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1971 Corvette
Province
AB
I took my 71 corvette to a restoration company to get some work done because it needed some MAJOR TLC. They took off the front cowl, front fenders, and everything.
IMG_20201003_110629.jpg

They are in the process of attaching the front cowl, front fenders back to the main car body but I just received an invoice of $600 for panel bonding glue.
IMG_20210617_104359.jpg

This cost is only for the glue which is a separate cost from shop supplies and labor. I have never heard of glue costing that much. I googled, and what I found is that people often use 3M 8115 for panel glue and the cost for that is nowhere near $600.

Is this company ripping me off, or is there a special type of glue that must be used for corvettes and that glue really is $600?

Hey Prab. Wish I could help you with your query but I'm not (I hope) doing a body off resto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the pics, it looks like you're missing a body mount at #1. Are they changing the mounts at the same time?

Hey Prab. Wish I could help you with your query but I'm not (I hope) doing a body off resto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from the pics, it looks like you're missing a body mount at #1. Are they changing the mounts at the same time?
Hi Scott, they haven't told me anything regarding a missing body mount so I'm not entirely sure but thanks for bringing that up. I completely missed it.

Glad to be of help. Wasn't sure if the #5 mount is aluminum or, like my car, a hockey puck. Might want to check the rest of them. I have three pucks and five rotten ones. New body mounts all around for me.

Reactions: Prab
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread