My C7 is also a M7 and I have disabled the NPP and AFM valves. Actually removed the actuators for both sets. The plug in disabler was bought from a vendor on the US forum site .... I can't remember the name of the company though. If you go to the US forum and punch in the AFM disabler, you'll get several options.

Last edited:
My C7 is also a M7 and I have disabled the NPP and AFM valves. Actually removed the actuators for both sets. The plug indisabler was bought from a vendor on the US forum site .... I can't remember the name of the company though. If you go to the US forum and bunch in the AFM disabler, you'll get several options.
Out of curiosity, why did you disable the NPP valves? And as far as the AFM, if you don't go to ECO mode, The V4 never operates on the M7.

Out of curiosity, why did you disable the NPP valves? And as far as the AFM, if you don't go to ECO mode, The V4 never operates on the M7.
I changed the exhaust to a B&B Bullet. Lighter and simpler exhaust. The new exhaust didn't have the NPP valves so I removed the fuse and took off the actuators. The car doesn't go into quiet mode but I'm easy on the gas .... at least until it warms up. The Borla catless x-pipe doesn't have the AFM valves (my choice) so I took the actuators off as well and Dave at Race Ready Garage did the rest with some reprogramming.

I have the Range one and run it constantly, I don't think I'll ever not use it. I really hate 4 cylinder mode and it sounds so bad when it switches modes.

Also I have a suspicion that the switch between 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder mode is what causes pre-mature tensioner failures.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread