Was a wrestling fan as a kid. Dad and I use to go to wrestling in Dartmouth NS every time it came to town. That was in about 68. Those were the Emile Dupre, the Beast, Rocky Johnson and Andre the Giant days. Rocky Johnson (Nova Scotia born), by the way, is Dwayne Johnson (The Rock's ) dad. . Didn't watch much wrestling after that. Live was always better.... Shame about Owen. A career cut short by a freak accident.
My mother has a couple of old B/W pictures of her and Leo Burke in our house in Greenwood NS and me playing with my Tonka trucks in the background. And another of him sitting at the dinner table arm wrestling my dad. Lol.

watched Stampede Wrestling outta Calgary, that was great stuff. Went to see Andre the Giant in Saskatoon early 70's, was about 5 feet away from him, I could not believe something could grow that big. Just watched a documentary on tv on the weekend here about Andre. The Hart's were awesome. The Stomper, sweat daddy seikie, dynamite kid, dave roule the pig farmer...........so many more great entertainers.

Looks like a secure load to me. Nothing to see here.
61E2FFB4-BB29-487B-9553-BE06F0579C1A.jpeg

Just a picture I took at the Canada Games in Red Deer last night. This was the Hockey game between Alberta and Ontario. Alberta had to win to proceed. I may be out to lunch here but I'd have expected at least a couple more people to attend... especially when it is only $ 14.50 for tickets.... I bet there wasn't 1000 people there last night. Sort of sad that most people stayed home to watch the Oilers and Islanders play. They missed some talented kids... Even if AB did lose the game. :(

hockey.jpg

Just a picture I took at the Canada Games in Red Deer last night. This was the Hockey game between Alberta and Ontario. Alberta had to win to proceed. I may be out to lunch here but I'd have expected at least a couple more people to attend... especially when it is only $ 14.50 for tickets.... I bet there wasn't 1000 people there last night. Sort of sad that most people stayed home to watch the Oilers and Islanders play. They missed some talented kids... Even if AB did lose the game. :(

View attachment 23944
That’s a sad turnout for sure. Wow !!

View attachment 23944
Hockey is sooooo much better when most of the Fans make more than the Players :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I always thought hockey was very popular at all levels in Canada.I was very surprised to see all the empty seats.Here in Boston the Bruins farm team is a hot ticket.Especially when we play Montreal or Toronto.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I always thought hockey was very popular at all levels in Canada.I was very surprised to see all the empty seats. Here in Boston the Bruins farm team is a hot ticket.Especially when we play Montreal or Toronto.

This is Canada Winter Games Hockey so it's amateur under 16 kids, but it's teams from Canada wide so I was expecting more interest for sure. And yes Hotrod. There has always been that little extra rivalry between the original 7 NHL teams. Good to see you're still filling arenas. :thumbs:

hockeygif.gif

This is Canada Winter Games Hockey so it's amateur under 16 kids, but it's teams from Canada wide so I was expecting more interest for sure. And yes Hotrod. There has always been that little extra rivalry between the original 7 NHL teams. Good to see you're still filling arenas. :thumbs:

View attachment 23966
Wow that's actually not a bad turnout for youth hockey, considering it's the middle of winter.I was under the impression it was semi-pro or pro farm teams, my bad.😬

Wow that's actually not a bad turnout for youth hockey, considering it's the middle of winter.I was under the impression it was semi-pro or pro farm teams, my bad.😬

Not really Hrr. The Canada Games is an 'all sports' competition that is only held every 2 years in a different venue around the country each time. The citys have to bid on hosting the entire event and it attracts the top talented youth from all of Canada that aspire to either go to the Olympics or become professional athletes. So we are seeing the up and coming best of the best in Canada. These are the next Wayne Gretzkys and Sidney Crosbys we are seeing in the hockey rink and the next Olympic contenders in all the sports. Just gotta think there would have been more interest.

Friday NHRA snowed out Saturday mid 50's and a great day for drag racing in Phoenix...The new Jungle Pam? All I could think of was ZZ Top and "she got legs" and a funny car too...Excel Drywall Funny Car, similar colour to Jungle Jim's racers, he would have been proud...

IMG_6282.jpg
IMG_6285.jpg
IMG_6280.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread