Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Weird situation. Wife came home from shopping and the radio won't shut off. Usually that signals an update was installing, but when I go to system, the updates button is greyed out. When I press it it says the conditions aren't right for the update!
Any ideas what to do?
I think it will shut off in 10 minutes because of the power saving thing-a-ma-jig (retained accessory power or something or other)

A had a few customers complaining about that on other brand of cars, on some models, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and the probleme was solved, some others had problems with door latch switch, radio suppose to stay on with key of until you open the door for aspecific amount of time so if the switch doesn't send the signal for a open door, radio will stay, it should eventualy shut of after that specific time

A had a few customers complaining about that on other brand of cars, on some models, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes and the probleme was solved, some others had problems with door latch switch, radio suppose to stay on with key of until you open the door for aspecific amount of time so if the switch doesn't send the signal for a open door, radio will stay, it should eventualy shut of after that specific time
Thanks! Interesting. Dam computers. ;)
There are others with C8's that this seems to be affecting. I'd prefer not to go the disconnect the battery route because then I'll have to reset everything. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if there is an update which they can install.

Thanks! Interesting. Dam computers. ;)
There are others with C8's that this seems to be affecting. I'd prefer not to go the disconnect the battery route because then I'll have to reset everything. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if there is an update which they can install.
Did the radio shut off yet?

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well, all good now. It was the update. It must have downloaded corrupt. Went out today and the update button was no longer greyed. I went for a spin and when I came back it asked me to update. Which it did Okay.
Update N2124964
During the update your radio may stay on up to 5 minutes after you exit the vehicle. This is expected behavior when an update package is onboard. etc. etc.
No indication on this one as to what it's for. I assume it was Android auto / Apple carplay, though I'm not 100% sure

• Informative
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.