Nov 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
'85 Accord
Province
ON
With the weather warming up, I'm getting her ready for the season and installing a bunch of parts that have been sitting in the basement for a few months.

I started to throw on the radiator guards, and figured I'd tackle the side ones first since it doesn't require jacking the car up. Warmed them up with a heat gun to make them a bit more pliable, and then worked them around.

Let me tell you, what a pain in the ass. Youtube makes this look easy, but FML, it took me about 10 tries to get them to fit to my liking. All said and done, I think they will do the job well, but there was a bit of cursing during this install.

For others doing this - take your time, be patient, heating them up helps for sure, and use a pull tool of some sort on the bottom 1/4 once you have it in position otherwise you will never get them to fit snug.

IMG-20210307-WA0008.jpegIMG-20210307-WA0010.jpegIMG-20210307-WA0013.jpeg

Got around to installing the front grill guards todays.

For new owners who are contemplating these, I would highly recommend installing some form of protection. First pic shows what my condenser looks like after an easy 700km.
IMG-20210314-WA0009.jpeg

I got the car up on my Quickjack 5000. There are other ways to get clearance to the front panels, but this probably affords the most amount of room to work. Installation is very straight forward...Just remove 3 panels on the under-belly, shove the guards in place, and secure them with ties. The supplied zip ties were garbage and kept snapping on me, so I used my own that were a bit thicker. The whole process took a couple hours from the time I got the jacks out till the time I put everything away.
IMG-20210314-WA0005.jpegIMG-20210314-WA0015.jpeg

Got around to installing the front grill guards todays.

For new owners who are contemplating these, I would highly recommend installing some form of protection. First pic shows what my condenser looks like after an easy 700km.
View attachment 79237

I got the car up on my Quickjack 5000. There are other ways to get clearance to the front panels, but this probably affords the most amount of room to work. Installation is very straight forward...Just remove 3 panels on the under-belly, shove the guards in place, and secure them with ties. The supplied zip ties were garbage and kept snapping on me, so I used my own that were a bit thicker. The whole process took a couple hours from the time I got the jacks out till the time I put everything away.
View attachment 79238View attachment 79239
I take it you have a heated garage. lol

I take it you have a heated garage. lol
Yesterday was one of the days that I wish I did. I had to keep going in and out of the house to warm up, and at the end of it my hands were numb from the cold.

Next house will have a larger garage with some form of heating. Until then, I'm slumming it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
I have a set of quick jacks as well , do they fit on the proper lift points? Just wondering for the future
This has been a topic of discussion on the other forum.

To make a long story short, if you have the 5000SLX (or any 60 inch version), they are about 3 inches too short of the lifting puck, but it will work.

I had to slightly trim the high rubber block, and then it lifts on the frame without any problem. I always use axle stands as a precaution. On the C8 I put it right under the control arm knuckle, but the car is very stable.

20201229_150913_3a70e908211b8b5f18f05c8d6eab97f8e2f666c8.jpg20201229_160813_3d4764e165ed585664cb1dcacee62f40cb197c90.jpg

For anyone looking to get a Quickjack for their C8, get the extended version...I think it's 66 inches.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.