Not a fan of where the 12v plug is located in the c8 for hooking up a radar detector bc it tends to slip down and disconnect plus you cannot use the mute button on the charger itself, so was wondering if anybody knows if there is a USB port inside the rearview mirror so that the detector can be hooked up from it ?
Check the mid engine forum where it is legal to install one. There are instructions on how to hook it up to the mirror.

Not a fan of where the 12v plug is located in the c8 for hooking up a radar detector bc it tends to slip down and disconnect plus you cannot use the mute button on the charger itself, so was wondering if anybody knows if there is a USB port inside the rearview mirror so that the detector can be hooked up from it ?
I hooked my radar detector to my mirror... its pretty simple and looks clean, just need to buy a cheap wire tap kit for your detector.

is this legal to Canada, i think not, here in NB its illegal, i dont know if cops can detect if you have one ?
Depends on the province.
CAUTION
Radar detectors are illegal in parts of Canada and some states. Using your device in these areas could lead to a major fine.

Illegal in QC as well. Several years ago it would cost you $1,500 if caught.
I believe they can be detected unless there are new models.
At any rate all the police use now are laser which can be turned on and off. So if they spot you it is too late even if your detector warns you.
As they say, the only reason you really need one is if you are going to be speeding.

If ur not speeding ur not driving ur c8, soon as you touch the gas over you will go. Its like riding a Hayabusa, impossible not to speed. In saying that, I purchased a Uniden R3 which is a really good quality system that works very well. Their latest model is the Uniden R7 which has more bells and whistles but the R3 works fine. All I can say is that if ur gonna buy one don't cheap out. If it saves you once it paid for itself.

Reactions: LE BARON
If ur not speeding ur not driving ur c8, soon as you touch the gas over you will go. Its like riding a Hayabusa, impossible not to speed. In saying that, I purchased a Uniden R3 which is a really good quality system that works very well. Their latest model is the Uniden R7 which has more bells and whistles but the R3 works fine. All I can say is that if ur gonna buy one don't cheap out. If it saves you once it paid for itself.
I find that I actually drive a bit slower in my C8. I’m not worried about a ticket. I just seem to try to time my speed with the traffic lights- trying to get a red and be at the front! The sound of accelerating from zero to the speed limit is intoxicating!

Laser radar must he stationary. Mobile units are K or Ka band. Legal in the three western provinces. Laser jammers are also legal in Sask, Ab, and BC.

Are you sure 'jammers' are legal? I thought anything that actively interfered with radar/laser was a no no. I think the laser jammers need some pretty intense installation from reading years ago on the topic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.